Just One Look – See and Become a Part of Michigan’s Best and Brightest!
At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our ability to deliver reliable electric and natural gas services begins with our commitment to reflecting the unique character and diverse perspectives of the 6.5 million people we serve across Michigan. As a major Midwest company with more than 7,000 employees, we’re powered by the Value of All: the idea that every individual matters, and that the best way to serve our community is to be an active part of it.
Are you ready to lead and supervise a team of 12-20 bargaining unit Gas Service employees?
In this role, which involves a mixture of standard to advanced supervisory and operating duties, you will be responsible for managing the successful headquarters business operation in a cost effective fashion while maintaining a safe work environment and balancing the needs of the customer and company.
Your primary duties will involve:
- Developing direct reports in both business knowledge and technical skills
- Resolving process and employee issues
- Dealing with local union leadership
- Initiating and leading change to improve results.
- Performing effectively and efficiently in routine and non-routine emergency situations with minimal guidance
Qualifications for this position include:
- Technical knowledge or related experience; a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree is a plus
- 2-1/ 2 years of successful experience as a Gas Leader I & II or comparable experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe work practices and procedures
- Knowledge of scheduling process, project management and working agreement is desired
- Basic Microsoft Office skills; SAP Advantex and Arcos experience is a plus
- Must be willing to work on-call, evenings and weekends as needed
Every day, we’re working together to improve the quality of life for people across Michigan through responsible business practices, valuing our customers, dynamic energy innovation, and a relentless dedication to helping people from all backgrounds build extraordinary careers. Learn more about joining the Consumers Energy family and discover how your talents can be utilized. This position offers an excellent salary and benefits package consistent with experience. For a detailed job description and to apply, please visit our corporate website at:
Apply to Job Req. #50386039. Interested candidates must submit a resume online.
Respect the Value of All: Consumers Energy is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer committed to building and connecting with a diverse workforce.
Count on Us