|Date Posted||April 27, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Enviva is searching for an Executive Assistant (EA) who will serve as a key member of the team that supports the Office of the Executive Vice President, Corporate Development & General Counsel (EVP). This is a fast-paced, highly interactive role where you will partner closely with the EVP. The EA acts as a point of contact between senior leaders, associates at all levels, and other internal and external stakeholders. We are looking for someone who is professional, articulate, and able to effectively disseminate information in a clear and concise manner.
The successful candidate will be energetic, maintain a positive, can-do attitude, and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission- and results-driven. S/he must demonstrate excellent judgment in a variety of situations, strong oral and written communication and organizational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Anticipate the needs of the EVP, who operates at a rapid pace alongside an entrepreneurial leader.
- Support all projects and commitments involving the EVP, including communication rhythms and alignment across the leadership team and functional partners in support of priority initiatives.
- Manage all calls, key contacts, and internal and external interactions in a professional, confident manner.
- Respond to sensitive and highly confidential information with absolute discretion and tact.
- Manage a system for processing and forecasting external legal fees.
- Draft, edit, and proofread correspondence, memoranda, and other documents.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks, including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, arranging detailed travel plans and itineraries, and completing expense reports.
- Provide clerical support such as printing documents, binding presentations, filing documents, and answering telephone calls.
- Prioritize conflicting needs, manage deadline pressures, handle matters expeditiously, proactively overcome obstacles, and follow through on projects to successful completion.
- Manage relationships in a cordial and professional manner, and continually look for new ideas to further develop working relationships.
- Understand organizational policies and procedures to ensure protocols are followed.
- Complete ad hoc administrative requests in a timely and thorough manner.
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of administrative experience supporting executives.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and timely follow-through.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, work under critical deadlines, and manage workload with little direction.
- Desire to continually look for opportunities to make things run more smoothly.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a collaborative team.
- Interest in assuming additional responsibilities over time and to grow professionally with the company.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, OneDrive, and OneNote; Concur, etc.).
- Maintain strict confidentiality standards.
- Ability to be flexible, embrace change, and manage uncertainty, all while thriving in fast-paced environment.
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Licensed notary (or willingness to apply to become one)
- Minimal travel required