|Location||Fort Smith, Arkansas|
|Date Posted||July 6, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Job ID: 417102
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
Mining engineers provide support to mining operations, help create estimates for mining projects, manage government reporting, and take lead on mine planning operations. The mining engineer will report to the aggregate operations managers, work closely with site management. They will work independently with minimal supervision, but also function within a teamwork dynamic. They will work in a combination of office and field environments.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Follow safety regulations set forth by the company and local, state, and federal laws.
- Inspect new and existing mining sites to determine the best ways to extract specific materials from the ground. This includes visiting sites in person and using maps and geological data to estimate material reserves.
- Partner with operations to guide mining operations to meet current and future aggregate needs for the business' success.
- Help design mine locations that allow workers to safely mine materials from the ground.
- Understand and utilize specialty software for mine planning.
- Undertake feasibility studies for possible greenfield locations.
- Help plan reclamation of sites after reserves are exhausted.
- Determine the staff and equipment needed to successfully cost effectively mine the deposits.
- Evaluate ongoing mining operations, including writing reports regarding supplies, equipment, and mined materials.
- Keep up with government and company required reporting.
- Stay up-to-date on new technologies and attend conferences and workshops to learn about the latest equipment and industry developments.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Assist in routine inventory measurements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- BS in Mining Engineering or related field required.
- Valid state driver's license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Three to five years of increasing responsibilities with aggregates, concrete, or similar duties within construction industry. Highly Preferred.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with customers and company personnel.
- Ability to supervise and control personnel to accommodate customer satisfaction.
- Ability to take initiative and be a problem solver.
- Ability to make good judgement calls when under pressure.
- Ability to understand maps.
- Ability to perform mathematical functions pertinent to billing, volumes, quantities, etc.
- Must have, or acquire, good computer skills in order to operate batching, billing, and communication equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to work extended hours if needed.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
APAC Central Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .