|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Search by Keyword (use Keyword for Remote Positions)
Search by Keyword (use Keyword for Remote Positions)
Select how often (in days) to receive an alert:
Share this Job
Capture Manager (Mgr Capture Management 1) - 6423
Requisition Number: 6423
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Security Clearance: Ability to Obtain
Level of Experience: Mid
HII - Mission Technologies is currently seeking a motivated leader for the position of Capture Manager, DoD & Fed/CIV with a proven record of accomplishment driving revenue growth in the Department of Defense and Federal/Civilian Agency Information Technology (IT) market space. This position plays a key role in the success of the Defense and Federal Sector of Technical Solutions, working closely with leadership in all of the business areas, as well as members in all the supporting functional areas. This position will be located out of the Fairfax, VA office.
The Capture Manager leads the acquisition process effort for business opportunities of high complexity and/or strategic importance within the business unit. Analyzes the draft RFP/SOW, develops and implements the capture plan, and orchestrates all capture activities during the proposal phase and post-submittal activities. Defines capture team resource requirements and costs associated with the bid, and identifies and trains capture team members to ensure necessary support elements are available. Assesses capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses and is responsible for the development of capture strategies and marketing philosophies. Interacts with a broad range of departments (i.e., Operations, Human Resources, Finance, Contracts, etc.) to develop win and price strategies. Prepares and presents recommendations (i.e., gate reviews) to senior management.
- Leads capture efforts to secure new or re-compete contracts, or task order business
- Develops capture strategy including a business solution for the pursuit of opportunities; identifies potential customers
- Experience closing single-award deals over $50M+ annually
- Identifies potential capture risks, as well as develops avoidance and alternate risk mitigation strategies
- Leads the development of team capture strategies, win themes, executive summaries, and discriminators. Prepares to team gap analysis
- Exhibits creativity in strategic approach, and pricing and offers unique solutions
- Conducts after-action reviews for all opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identifies necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
- Experience in analyzing and selecting teaming partners and negotiating sound teaming agreements
- Thorough knowledge of the entirety of BD lifecycle and the Shipley method
- Completes B&P requests or request updates as needed by obtaining an estimate of resources from the Operations and functional support organizations
- Engage customers in identifying and shaping potential opportunities using knowledge of company capabilities, client relationships, and contract vehicles, including SIA3, GSA Oasis, and GSA Alliant 2
- Lead the development of white papers, RFI, Market Survey, and Sources Sought responses, and in-person meetings and demonstrations
- Develop and present bid/no-bid recommendations and pursuit and capture strategies at Gate Reviews
- Support the capture and proposal development phases of the opportunity lifecycle by providing customer insights, solutions support, color review participation, and proposal writing, as required
- Represent HII-MDIS as a prime internal and external contact on new business pursuits
- Have regular interaction with high-level customer leadership and engage and collaborate visibly with internal business units
- Personally model HII values of integrity, safety, honesty, engagement, responsibility, and performance
- 4 years relevant progressive experience with Bachelors in related field; 2 years relevant progressive experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 8 years relevant progressive experience.
- Established customer relationships within relevant Senior Service
- Proven ability to form strategic industry partnerships and possess existing relationships with large and small businesses in the federal and commercial market
- Ability to learn, be proactive, manage multiple tasks, and have a demonstrated technical/business GovCon acumen
- A desire to deeply partner and work collaboratively across all internal departments (HR, TA, finance, operations) to ensure a winning business is executable and will result in a highly satisfied customer
- Excellent communication skills and ability to successfully and purposely interact with senior leadership
- Ability to travel up to 10% or as required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as work within a team environment
- Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS clearance and be SCI eligible
- Three years of specific successful capture experience within the DoD and/or Federal/Civilian Agencies in any of the NexGen IT areas including but not limited to: DevOps/DevSecOps, cloud infrastructure and apps development/migration, and Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning (ML); successful capture experience must include Performing Long Term Positioning and Opportunity Assessment (as defined by Shipley Associates)
- Established customer relationships within the DoD and of Federal/Civilian space
- Experience with both DoD and Fed/Civ contracts, especially DHS
- TS/SCI clearance
This opportunity resides with Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, a business group within Mission Technologies, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries. From towers to processors, we design, develop, integrate and manage the sensors, systems and other assets necessary to support integrated intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) operations, exploitation and analysis for the Intelligence Community, the military services, geographic and functional combatant commands and DoD agencies.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII s skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: .
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.