|Date Posted||July 9, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Would you like to have a career with a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic mining company? We have an exciting opportunity for you!
Our people division is growing, and we are looking for a Driller Tech (4) at our Carlin Surface operations.
At Nevada Gold Mines, our vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with the best people. We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
* To operate safely, various pieces of heavy equipment with the majority of the time spent operating a track mounted drill.
* Perform other duties as directed to ensure optimal safe operation.
* Performs complete equipment and area inspections, communicates clean-up as needed for drill stability.
* Places cab in a safe position while drilling next to pit walls.
* Comply with state and federal safety and environmental regulations and Newmont's policies and procedures.
* Ability to make smooth connection in the drill string while steel drilling or adding tools.
* Maintain drill in relation to lubrications, dust suppression & winterizing.
* Maintain proper hole depth and drills loadable holes for blasting.
* Understand and use the correct bit for the appropriate rock type.
* Ability to operate all drills in the current fleet and the drill water truck.
* Understand the operation of the Aquila System (i.e. enters appropriate data for tracking bits, tools, employee ID, breaks, delays and downs).
* Keeps deck clear of tripping hazards and maintains proper housekeeping.
* The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
What We Can Offer You
* A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
* Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
* Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
* An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
* Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
* Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
* Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
About Nevada Gold Mines
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.