|Date Posted||April 4, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
U.S. Silica Holdings, Inc. is a global performance materials company and last-mile logistics provider and is a member of the Russell 2000 Index. The Company is a leading producer of commercial silica used in a wide range of industrial applications and in the oil and gas industry. Over its 120-year history, U.S. Silica has developed core competencies in mining, processing, logistics and materials science that enable it to produce and cost-effectively deliver over 400 diversified product types to customers across its multiple end markets.
U.S. Silica's wholly owned subsidiaries include EP Minerals and SandBox Logistics. EP Minerals is an industry leader in the production of products derived from diatomaceous earth, perlite, engineered clays, and non-activated clays. SandBox Logistics is a state-of-the-art leader in proppant storage, handling and well-site delivery, dedicated to making proppant logistics cleaner, safer and more efficient. The Company currently operates 23 mines and production facilities. The Company is headquartered in Katy, Texas and has offices in Reno, Nevada, and Chicago, Illinois.
The truck drivers serve company supply chain logistics department by transporting the sand loads to the designated well-sites in a safe and timely manner. Drivers are expected to be highly skilled in planning routes and transportation logistics to achieve strict delivery timeframes and maintain customer service and satisfaction benchmarks.
We have 2 positions open.
Essential Job Functions:
• Operate and drive company trucks to transport sand / loads to well-sites.
• Inspect vehicle and required parts and accessories to determine safe operating condition prior to departure.
• Log work/rest periods, time, distance and any fueling into PeopleNet for each truck you drive daily.
• Plan trip logistics and obtain necessary documents to transport goods.
• Collect and verify delivery instructions and meet delivery schedules.
• Lock and unlock loads to ensure boxes are secured properly compliant with safety requirements for safe transportation.
• Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
• Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers by means of wireless devices and on-board computers, making sure to comply with DOT Rules and Regs.
• Follow all appropriate traffic laws and report any incidents to safety immediately.
• Keep truck and associated equipment tidy and in good working order.
• Proven work experience as a truck driver.
• Hands on experience with electronic equipment and navigation software.
• Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly.
• Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
• No recent moving or driving violations.
• Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.).
· 1 year continuous current truck or commercial driving with clean MVR and DOT qualifications