|Location||Lake Charles, Louisiana|
|Date Posted||July 8, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Our client, a major refinery is looking for a Construction Coordinator to work on a Long term contract in Lake Charles, LA.
- Supervise all technical discipline work associated with the assigned object(s) and may also be assigned to work in other functional areas e.g. facilities commissioning, engineering coordination or operations interface coordination.
- Report to the Construction Lead and may be responsible for Assisting with developing the Construction Execution Plan, which details the contracting strategy, management systems and staffing through which the build will be completed.
- Influencing design engineering work to ensure accessibility in all areas of the facility including Inside battery limits (ISBL) and outside battery limits (OSBL) and for efficient use of yard space.
- Ensuring major equipment and sub-structures are arranged for efficient handling and lifting.
- Coordinate with the site team, this includes discipline construction supervision in civil, structural, mechanical, welding, non destructive testing (NDT), electrical, instrumentation, piping, coatings, insulation, fireproofing, pre-commissioning, rigging and heavy lifting disciplines and field staff within Health Safety and Environmental, QA/QC, materials control, logistics, project controls and contract administration functions.
- Implementing logistical and Human Resource solutions associated with mobilizing site teams, including offices, Information Technology, transportation and accommodation arrangements, emergency evacuation procedures, medical and recreational facilities.
- Assisting with Pre-qualifying candidate fabricators and contractors and major package assembly sites.
- Participating in bid clarification and kick-off meetings.
- Compiling fabrication scopes of work for contract documentation, specifying tender requirements and reviews draft contract terms.
- Assisting with bid evaluation work for primary construction contracts.
- Participating in Site Safety Management System; delivering on pre-agreed site safety (and environmental) targets for Company and Contractor staff. Assisting construction lead with site QA/QC Management Systems utilizing 3rd party specialist contractor services as appropriate.
- Reviewing and assisting Construction Management in approving of contractor's schedules and planning basis (norms).
- Supervising in-house and contractor construction team activities.
- 10 to 20 years of experience as a Construction Coordinator;
- Experience in major domestic or International capital project construction in the petroleum industry primarily in the area of site construction, fabrication, or installation;
- One year of related construction site management experience.
- TWIC Card needed
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent training or education.
- Second language (or aptitude for acquiring).