|Location||New York, New York|
|Date Posted||July 13, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Join one of the largest renewable owners, operators and developers in the U.S., delivering innovative, renewable power solutions that accelerate the world towards a sustainable, low-carbon future. With current U.S. assets under management valued at $20 billion and over 190 utility-scale renewable energy generating facilities located across 34 states, Brookfield Renewable U.S. offers a multitude of career opportunities. Our dynamic organization is focused on our mission to optimize and drive value across our renewable energy portfolio, advancing the transition to a sustainable, clean energy future. Our value also extends well beyond the clean energy we produce. From our extensive renewable power fleet, we make positive economic, social and environmental impacts in the communities where we live and work.
Brookfield Renewable U.S. attracts high-performing individuals who are driven to make an impact in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We encourage collaboration across all levels of experience to promote learning, generate best ideas, and deliver quality results, with the aim for growth and career development. We offer unparalleled opportunity to lead and manage one of the largest renewable energy businesses with decades of history, while contributing to the global need for sustainable energy.
Director, Offshore Wind Development
Location: New York, NY
Reporting to the VP, Asset Development , the Director will be responsible for supporting the overall development process for offshore wind across the United States. The Director will play a key role in our strategy and execution as we expand our project opportunities. In this role, you will lead the overall development process, including strategy and outreach, origination and screening of opportunities, project management.
The Director will create and execute business plan for offshore wind investment across the US and will be responsible for all aspects of project development, including the analysis, structuring, and evaluation of opportunities.
* Build business case around key investment themes in each of the BOEM auction areas
* Evaluate partnering opportunities
* Manage all aspects of each project, including lease bidding, site acquisition, initiating and advancing the interconnection process, budgeting and reporting, environmental/risk assessment; federal, state and local permitting; preliminary engineering and design, and support for construction and project financing; work closely with commercial team to identify and secure off-take opportunities
* Support financial modeling for each project through all phases of development and construction
* Collaborate with commercial, financial, legal, engineering and construction subject matter experts to advance projects through the development lifecycle
* Build detailed knowledge of state and utility rules and incentives with respect to offshore wind in targeted regions
* Experience in project development, permitting, design / engineering or construction of renewable energy or large infrastructure projects
* Strong analytical, organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
* Ability to work in fast-paced environment with multiple and evolving priorities
Must exhibit a high level of integrity and thrive on the challenges of a fast growing, rapidly evolving, and complex market;
* Demonstrate a strong alignment with corporate values, including health, safety and environment.
* Bachelor's Degree (Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Engineering preferred)
* Minimum 7+ years of relevant industry experience in project development or business development ideally in offshore renewables, offshore oil and gas or transmission siting
* Offshore development or transmission siting experience is highly preferred
* Ability to analyze and direct financial modelling of project economics
* Strong passion and experience in renewable energy development;