|Date Posted||July 18, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
You will be based in our Houston office as part of our McKinsey Energy Insights team.
McKinsey Energy Insights, a specialist data and analytics unit, provides distinctive analysis, insights, and support to energy players. We offer services along the oil and gas value chain, from exploration and production to refining and marketing and emissions and sustainable fuels. McKinsey Energy Insights dedicated specialists apply proprietary tools and methodologies and a data-driven approach.
With our strong ties with McKinsey's Oil & Gas consulting practice and access to the expertise of the wider McKinsey network, our research and analysis yield knowledge available nowhere else.
You will deliver market analyses and forecasts in the areas of refining, refining emissions and biofuels as part of Energy Insight's downstream team.
In this role, you will contribute to daily problem solving and provide modelling and analytic support for internal and external clients. You will gather the information necessary to develop these tools/models and synthesize your findings into targeted, McKinsey-formatted products. These products may be in the form of complex models and summary reports which evolve into standalone presentations that outline key findings and recommendations to internal and external audiences.
You will deepen your downstream markets expertise, specializing in the relevant sectors over time and develop your analytical approach as well as thought-partnership skills. You will work closely with senior expert practitioners to build synthesized perspectives for clients as well as state-of the-art knowledge and analytical tools.
You'll have the opportunity to gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. You will receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, economics,or quantitative focused degree
* 2+ years of industry expertise in downstream markets preferably covering refining, emissions or biofuels
* Modeling capability using Excel and experience managing large datasets with databases
* Distinctive analytical and quantitative skills
* Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
* Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing