|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Job Title: Electrical Technician
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Who We Are We believe in a brighter future by elevating the lives of our customers. Elevation Solar provides a full portfolio of advanced energy solutions to customers dubbed the "Elevated Home." A thought leader in the renewable industry, Elevation Solar is continuing to educate customers about their energy by providing them with a holistic solution for their home. Come join us in our vision to elevate the world we live in!
The Field Electrical Technician will provide a variety of field services to customers currently in process and Elevated Customers. Including but not limited to; installation of Smart Home Motioning Systems, Demand Management Systems and troubleshooting solar systems. This position is 70% in the field and 30% driving between appointments.
- Pulling inventory for each installation job.
- Perform routine photovoltaic (PV) system maintenance on modules, arrays, batteries, power conditioning equipment, safety systems, structural systems, weather sealing, or balance of systems equipment.
- Activate photovoltaic (PV) systems to verify system functionality and conformity to performance expectations.
- Apply weather sealing to array, building, or support mechanisms.
- Identify electrical, environmental, and safety hazards associated with photovoltaic (PV) installations.
- Document completion of completed installation.
- Clean up of job site.
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety.
- Additional duties required as needed.
- Work both inside and outside in all temperatures and climate conditions in accordance with Heat Stress procedures.
- Work around energized electrical equipment.
- Must be prepared to work irregular shifts and respond to emergency callouts 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Ability to work in mentally stressful environments: must be able to react to crises where immediate action is required to correct or curtail potentially damaging or hazardous situations.
- Daily work expectation requires ability to perform tasks by walking, standing, sitting, kneeling, crouching, squatting, twisting, pushing, pulling, shoveling, climbing, and working with hand tools (up to 25 pounds) in positions above and below head, and extended from body to complete repairs.
- Lift, carry, position and use tools and/or equipment (weighing up to 50 lbs.) in awkward positions.
- Ability to discern assorted colors.
- Ability to twist the body and neck while driving company vehicles.
- Work with and around hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Have ability to discern and respond to verbal and auditory signals.
· 3-5 years of solar experience/construction required.
· Roof work, general construction, or carpentry preferred.
· Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
· Customer service skills required.
· Regular, reliable and predictable attendance required.
· Must have a valid state driver's license.
· Must have a clean driving record (example- no DUI in the last 5 years).
· Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal, driving and drug screen.
Working Conditions (Schedule, Environment, Travel)
· 5 days per week ( Some Weekend work required)
· Hours Varies depending on nature and needs of business
· Additional hours are based on the manager's requirements
- This person must be able to effectively and frequently communicate with internal and external customers in-person as well as virtually