|Location||New York, New York|
|Date Posted||July 8, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Veolia group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 179,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources, and replenish them. In 2020, the Veolia group supplied 95 million people with drinking water and 62 million people with wastewater service, produced nearly 43 million megawatt hours of energy and treated 47 million metric tons of waste.
SourceOne is a leading energy management and consulting firm that supports its clients in making their energy more sustainable, reliable, and cost. A core SourceOne service line is providing North American energy clients with customized recommendations for the procurement and hedging of natural gas, electricity, liquid fuels, and renewable energy.
SourceOne's clients include real estate developers & property managers, data centers, biotech firms, financial institutions, manufacturing, higher education, and municipalities. SourceOne is actively seeking an energetic and self-motivated professional to join our Boston, MA location as an Energy Market Analyst.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast paced environment and will have the following "Responsibilities" and "Qualifications": Provide energy market advisory services to clients with a focus on:
a) energy fundamentals that will impact future pricing;
b) supporting transactions to buy / sell physical energy or Renewable Energy Certificates; c) understanding and communicating impacts of state & federal regulatory affairs that will impact client energy costs;
d) providing tactical advice on physical energy flows for natural gas and power (e.g. pipeline nominations, transmission congestion credits, etc.);
e) negotiation and recommendations for power purchase agreements.
- Under the direction of Sr. Analyst, Provide energy market direction and advice for North American clients including advice for structuring of energy products, timing and structure for physical energy hedges, purchase of green-e or state RPS compliant RECs, and other related energy supply transaction requirements.
- Maintain relationships of decision-makers within existing clients organization
- Good understanding of the regional structure for power pricing and costs within different RTOs in North America
- Understanding for pipeline gas nominations, pipeline tariffs and regional differences for daily or monthly balancing of LDCs
- Keep clients updated on gas basis movement and impacts on pricing for clients city gate gas and/or power pricing
- Defining ideal energy product specifications for customers and obtaining pricing from relevant qualified suppliers as part of facilitating energy market supply transactions between clients and energy suppliers
- Provide recommendations to clients on market movement and trends - both with forward and spot power and gas energy markets across different energy markets within North America
- Facilitating decisions with clients regarding the optimal energy product to be procured - including decisions of buying cash/spot or fixed positions, contracting term, and other details defined within an energy supply contract
- Providing annual budget support for client accounts to include both firm energy positions, regulatory based costs for utility delivery, and unhedged energy positions
- Provide clients with insights regarding the impacts of market movements using SourceOne's proprietary Cash Flow at Risk analytical models
- Provide clarity on costs and changes that can be seen with respect to regulated utility delivery costs and tariffs
- Being curious and enjoying working in a client centric organization.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- 3 - 5 years of energy, utility, and/or engineering experience is required BS/BA required in Business, Math, Accounting, Engineering, or relatable field Experience working with large datasets Modeling experience Financial or economic knowledge/experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Good understanding of energy markets for natural gas, power, and related regulatory affairs.
- Ability to synthesize complex energy market issues for messaging to clients.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups A "client-first" mentality
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.