|Location||Massena, New York|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Our purpose is sustaining energy and water for life, and it is demonstrated in everything we do as a business, and as an employee team.
At Liberty, we hire passionate people who care about doing the right thing for our customers. We are entrepreneurial, creative, and outcome-focused. Here, your natural talent and achievements will flourish in an inclusive environment of teamwork, trust and continuous learning. We are always pursuing excellence to exceed our ambitions goals, rewarding both the goal outcome and how we achieve it.
The position is responsible for basic management and oversight of the Company's integrity management programs, including both Transmission (TIMP) and Distribution (DIMP), including coordination of assessments (ILI, ECDA, etc.) and associated remediations & notifications, and the review of program manuals and their periodic updates. Other responsibilities include providing technical assistance with Company documents, cathodic protection programs, major/complex projects, system flow & blending analyses, as well as any work management programs. The position would engage with internal and external stakeholders as part of providing service and maintaining existing facilities/assets.
- Ensuring transmission integrity requirements are being met, including identification of HCAs/MCAs and threats, assessments, reporting, notifications, preventative and mitigative measures, continual evaluation, program effectiveness, remediation of indications and facilitation of PSC audits. Assist with administration and management of distribution integrity program. Continuous evaluation of system threats and provide evidence-based solutions on risk mitigation measures.
- Responsible for tracking, trending and analyzing incoming pipeline cathodic readings received from field technicians. Provide basic cathodic project recommendations, based on readings, to ensure adequate cathodic protection on all the steel pipelines. Also provide any interference mitigation projects as needed. Project design includes cathodic protection design based on field conditions.
- Support updates/edits to O&M manual and Emergency Response Plan. Perform audits as requested of internal and external crews to determine compliance with written plans. Provide basic engineering support for gas pipeline materials, products and tools. Assist with developing specifications
- Develop and Administer all management of change documentation as needed for any updates.
- Conduct virtual or classroom trainings to deliver these materials. Provide technical assistance to basic projects, which include but not limited too; new services, main extensions, main relays, relocations, regulator stations, bridge/highway crossings, waterway crossings, and valve installations.
- Ensure that technical requirements of the design are met including system pressure, flow, and operating requirements. Verify compliance of the design with company Operation and Maintenance Manual, Federal, State and industry codes. Perform special projects as assigned on behalf of Tech Services. Projects may include but not limited to; development of new guidelines/technical documents, special capital project support, manage bridge river crossing inspections, etc.
- Complete flow studies as assigned. Analyze results and provide feedback to operations on areas of concern and potential future capital projects. Provide engineering support for all operations Network Design Operations program
Education and Experience
- BS - Engineering or equivalent work experience (3-5 years)
- Broader knowledge of theory and principles within a professional discipline or advanced knowledge of specific technical/operational practices
- Strong organizational skills
- IT literacy
- Working knowledge of company, local, state, and federal codes as they relate to the job preferred
- Experience with integrity management programs, in-line inspection activities ("smart pigging"), and corrosion control preferred
- NACE CP1 or CIP1 certification (or higher) preferred
- Work requires the ability to competently understand procedures and various instructions contained in technical documents. Work is widely varied, to include involvement with field operations, NYSPSC Staff, county/local officials, and other internal departments.
- Must learn and understand the interdependency of all company operations and be able to analyze and prioritize situations as they arise on a daily basis
- Work requires the ability to write in order to accurately express information from inspections, findings, investigations, etc. and accurately capture data for recordkeeping purposes. Work requires the ability to make decisions that are within Liberty's O&M procedures and NY rules and regulations. Must be able to perform duties and functions effectively with minimal supervision.
- Previous gas industry experience would be considered an asset.
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. is a growing renewable energy and utility company with over $15 billion of assets across North America and internationally.
For more than 30 years, Algonquin has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to delivering clean energy and water solutions. Our rapid growth has led both our regulated utility services and renewable energy business groups into different geographies and commodities, but our purpose remains unchanged - Sustaining Energy and Water for Life.
Through our operating business (Liberty), we provide regulated electricity, water, and natural gas utility services to over 1 million customer connections, primarily in North America. And, our growing portfolio of clean, renewable wind, solar, hydro and thermal power generation facilities represent over 3 GW of renewable generation capacity in operation and under construction.
With our robust, diversified, and growing presence in communities across North America and internationally, we are continually demonstrating our "Think Global, Act Local" business model.
What We Offer
Company funded Pension program
401k with Company match
Full insurance benefits (health/dental/vision/life)
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Share purchase/match plan
Defined Contribution savings plan
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
Free parking, including free electrical charging
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person's unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.