|Date Posted||March 29, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
CRANE Instrumentation & Sampling is headquartered in Spartanburg, SC and specializes in small-bore fluid process control products and Sampling systems. Our Instrumentation product lines include HOKE valves (ball, check, needle, metering, and manifolds), GYROLOK compression tube fittings, and GO pressure regulators, which are made in a variety of materials. Our sampling product lines include Texas Sampling Incorporated (TSI) and Dopak Incorporated that design and manufacture grab sampling products and systems. Our markets include petrochemical, refining, chemical, power, oil & gas, alternative fuels and industrial equipment manufacturers. We have a focus on severe and critical service products manufactured with safe and reliable performance as our key objective. CRANE Instrumentation & Sampling (I&S) has over 220 employees and a global sales and distribution network.
This position provides environmental, health, safety, and security leadership at the CRANE Instrumentation & Sampling Spartanburg, SC and Houston, TX locations. The individual is accountable for providing leadership for EHS activities to the sites including hands-on participation; evaluating and clarifying EHS objectives and targets with Site Leadership; internal reporting of EHS performance; communication of national, regional and local regulatory requirements. The position is directly responsible for EH&S compliance & improvements by assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics; assuring closure of related action Items on a timely basis; completion of required EHS training for personnel; supporting Site Leadership teams during crises; creating a strong EHS culture that engages associates.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an effective EHS management system and ensure it is firmly embedded within the culture of the company and its associates.
- Leading and coordinating all environmental, safety and health related activities for the site to prevent occupational injury/illness related losses, environmental exposure through spills and minimize future liabilities by evaluating risks and establishing appropriate loss control/reduction activities.
- Work with the entire site leadership team to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Coach associates on safety practices and design of processes including Job Hazard Analysis and basic Root Cause Incident Analysis.
- Develop & standardize New Hire Safety Orientation program including providing the required training for newly hired teammates.
- Works with Site leadership teams to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- Review/establish appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives at site and group level.
- Supports creation of EHS goals for the site and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Coach and facilitate EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year. Track training to ensure that all EHS training is defined and tracked to completion at group level
- Develop and help implement waste minimization and recycling programs, while also ensuring the Company continues to be environmentally sensitive to recycling and environmental opportunities when evaluating new or existing products and materials
- Advise management regarding any environmental and safety violations, problems or new regulations affecting the Company
- Work with site teams to insure filing of all required environmental reports to government agencies with review team.
- Support effective implementation of environmental policies and procedures
- Conduct internal environmental and safety audits at sites to ensure compliance with local government standards
- Conduct periodic audits to ensure OSHA and EPA compliance
- Leads monthly reviews of safety action plans
- Provide OSHA & other EH&S related trainings to sites.
- Monitor, measure and complete trend analysis on key EHS metrics and support the development of corrective action plan for continual improvement of the site's EHS performance
- Work with the global EHS Council in aligning policies and processes
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Occupational Health & Safety or a related, relevant field is preferred.
- 0-2 years of job related experience in industrial Manufacturing environment.
- Experience with ergonomic risk factor assessments and industry tools.
- Knowledge of OSHA and other US regulations and the fundamentals of safety and industrial hygiene.
- Ability to write routine reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Strong project management skills and ability to plan and prioritize own work, completes work on schedule and maintains required records.
- Effective communication skills, written and oral, to all levels of the organization (internal, customers and suppliers). Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to read and apply applicable regulatory requirements, such as OSHA, NCDENR, ANSI and NFPA Standards.
- Understanding of basic LEAN manufacturing principles and Kaizen and willingness to obtain TPM or Value Stream Mapping Tool Champion certification within 1 year.
- Experience in a leadership role; guiding and directing a teams like a safety committee towards a common goal.
- Demonstrated skills in the operation of various computer programs including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Analytical abilities necessary to problem solve and good understanding of continuous improvement methodologies
- Familiarity with pneumatic and hydraulic pressure testing safety regulations a plus but not required
- Will report to Site Leader in Spartanburg, SC