|Date Posted||March 29, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Come grow with us!
As a California company that accounts for about 25% of the state's oil production, Aera holds the values of Californians: we strive to innovate, we celebrate productivity and advocate for the preservation of our beautiful state. The oil we produce enables millions of Californians to travel to work every day, allows businesses to grow and thrive, and helps California-grown food to arrive at dinner.
Aera is looking for candidates who want to be a part of something bigger than themselves-authentic individuals who believe in having a career that makes a meaningful impact on our company and the world.
We are looking for the brightest minds and boldest spirits; people with a passion for learning, growing, and continuously improving and innovating. We want individuals who live our values each and every day and will help us power great todays and better tomorrows.
What's in it for you?
- Receive support from a mentor and a team to provide tools and resources to help you succeed
- Network and build relationships within Aera and the communities in which we live work and operate
- Benefit from being part of a team that promotes and fosters inclusion and diversity
- Complete work that augments your degree or experience
- Implement current technology and research in practical applications
- Develop and innovate solutions that contribute to business objectives
- Build your career with professional development opportunities
- Earn competitive pay with team-based performance incentives
- Utilize scheduling and vacation to promote work/life fit
- Enable a seamless transition with relocation support
- Experience excellent benefits to support you and your family
What you'll be doing
In this enterprise-wide role, the Environmental & Permitting Manager plays a key leadership role in influencing Aera's strategies, processes, and objectives in response to California's environmental regulations.
- Provide senior level expertise, direction and review for Aera's environmental compliance areas (air, water, waste, and wildlife), working with the key stakeholders and operating teams responsible for the long-term environmentally conscious performance of company assets.
- Ensures industry best practices in environmental stewardship, sustainability and management systems are applied across company assets.
- Serve as primary contact with Aera's Government Affairs when engaging with Regulators, regarding environmental subject matter.
- Interface internally with Operations, Technical and Government Affairs to develop permitting strategies that enable operational flexibility and long-term growth
You lead an experienced team to successfully:
- Execute Environmental business objectives.
- Develop leading and lagging measures to drive Environmental performance improvements,
- Identify methods to maintain our License to Operate through meaningful dialogue with regulators.
- Further develop and implement the environmental management system to ensure compliance with government regulations and Aera policies in a way that provides exceptional care for our people and our environment.
You work alongside Aera leaders to:
- Collaborate and continue to improve Aera's environmental stewardship and maintain Aera's license to operate
- Guide and steward the Environmental process as part of Aera's EHS Management System.
- Show thorough knowledge of current and emerging environmental regulations while being able to provide out of the box solutions, best practices, and guidelines to maintain compliance.
- Promote a healthy workplace environment by driving collaboration, innovative solutions, and diversity of thoughts within the Environmental & Permitting team
- Manage and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Challenge current systems/processes and design a strategic plan for improvement
- Develop and conduct risk assessments and risk mitigation evaluation for the enterprise.
- Provide guidance and assurance of Environmental impact studies.
- Support public outreach efforts and Aera's Ambassador program.
To be successful in our culture; individuals must be:
- Authentic by being genuine and real; combining candor with care. Staying true and committed to Aera and the community.
- Resilient by recognizing that change is constant. The ability to persevere and excel in the face of adversity by turning challenges into opportunities.
- Accountable to yourself, others, and the community in which we live, work, and operate.
- Innovative by having a passion for learning and relentless commitment to improvement.
- Collaborative by respecting and celebrating differences and recognizing the power of uniqueness.
What skills, knowledge and abilities do you need to be successful in this critical role:
- Bachelor's degree in Health and Safety, Environmental Engineering, or technically related field of study from an accredited college/university.
- Proven track record in leadership, working in an industry or facility that is complex and heavily regulated
- Demonstrates a sound understanding by performing technical risk engineering studies by utilizing company/industry experience to identify solutions.
- 8-10 years' experience managing environmental and permitting of onshore oil and gas operations or within the chemical industry.
- Excellent influencing and coaching skills. Ability to effectively address conflict and provide feedback and/or coaching in a professional manner to leaders and/or direct reports when applicable.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop talent.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a fast pace environment, managing conflicting priorities and requests with ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong facilitation skills to effectively lead discussions regarding environmental risk mitigation.
- Knowledge of Taproot (or similar methodology) for incident investigation.
- Strong Computer application skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Occasional travel to field locations (day trips).
Preferred knowledge, skills and experience
- Master's degree is preferred
- Environmental certification or Professional Engineer (PE) a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Aera Energy Services Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled