|Location||New York, New York|
|Date Posted||July 1, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
The Senior Research Associate will support a seasoned Analyst on Citi's Equity Research team focusing on the U.S. Oilfield Services & Energy Technology sector. The role requires a solid understanding of the oil and gas markets, while a fundamental understanding of the energy transition is a positive given increasing investment by the coverage universe into various transition verticals. This role is well-suited for candidates who are diligent, exhibit enthusiasm for public markets, and possess the ability to think critically and logically.
As part of a global bank, one of Citi Research's core strengths lies in its ability to form investment recommendations based on the combination of top-down thematic insights with bottoms-up, company-specific analysis. Accordingly, the role places a high emphasis on coordinating with counterparts across the global Energy team in order to present holistic research views on global Energy themes as well as the implications for specific equities and covered sub-sectors.
* Citi Research focuses on delivering high quality investment insights to investors on a global basis with an emphasis on independence and objectivity in its insights
* The team produces regular written research, hosts investor meetings with company management teams, holds conference calls with industry consultants and regularly communicates with clients (both internal and external)
* Modeling: Maintaining & updating existing company models; creating new models; maintaining relative value sheets
* Research: Assist with the publication of earnings previews/recaps, initiation reports, deep dive notes as well other group products
* Communication: Assist with client inquires and requests (internal and external)
* Events: Assist in the coordination of investor meetings (management meetings & field trips) and conference calls with industry experts
* Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
* 5+ years previous work experience required, preferably in a banking or markets role at an investment bank and/or in the broader Energy industry
* Good knowledge of accounting and financial modelling principles
* Excellent interpersonal and writing skills
* Intellectual curiosity and a teachable mentality
* Attention to detail
* Ability to deliver reliable work product under sometimes time-constrained schedules
* Secure and maintain applicable licenses
* Experience in Equity Research a plus
* Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
* CFA (or progress towards obtaining) preferred; MBA or other relevant graduate degrees viewed favorably as well