|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Title: Facilities Project Manager Location: United States-Texas-The Woodlands Other Locations: Description Occidental is an international energy company with operations in the United States, Middle East, Latin America and Africa. We are the largest onshore oil producer in the U.S., including in the Permian Basin, and a leading offshore producer in the Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon dioxide management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit for more information.
Occidental strives to attract and retain talented employees by investing in their professional development and providing rewarding opportunities for personal growth. Our goal is to meet the highest employer standards by ensuring the health and safety of our employees, protecting the environment and positively impacting our communities where we do business.
This position will serve as a Project Manager (PM) in the Project Management function within the Facilities Engineering and Construction Organization in the Gulf of Mexico (GOM). Project Managers are expected to support all Project phases including scoping, concept selection, FEED, detailed design, fabrication, installation, commissioning and start-up of the offshore facilities. The PM will oversee an integrated team to achieve safe and incident free planning and execution of assigned projects.
This role requires the ability to foster and maintain strong relations with internal stakeholders, partners, regulators, contractors, and vendors.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Deliver the objectives and goals for the assigned Gulf of Mexico Project through effective project development and safe execution.
- Lead project scoping, concept selection, execution planning and execution of assigned Projects as required
- Develop project objectives for safety, schedule, cost and operability
- Coordinate all front-end work leading up to the execution phase of the project
- Oversee all detailed engineering, procurement, construction and start-up activities
- Coordinate Oxy review & approval of design deliverables from engineering contractors.
- Responsible for cost and schedule of assigned projects, including timely and accurate cost and schedule forecasting.
- Develop staffing plans for project. Set direction for experienced contract personnel.
- Contract and purchase order development and placement.
- Manage the MOC process.
- Expected to frequently interface with Functional and Operational leadership to coordinate resources and resolve project issues as they occur
- Ensure project learnings are captured and shared with the Oxy PM function, FEC, and broader GOM organization as applicable
- Ensure stakeholders are updated and aligned as required during conceptual developments and relevant project checkpoints to enable effective and efficient funding approvals
- Responsible for meeting Oxy s requirement for the GOM Project Management Guidelines
- Identify and improve cross-team gaps for all projects, including gaps in processes and communication to ensure the successful end to end project delivery at the FEC level and GOM level
Qualifications REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES
- Minimum 18 years of experience in offshore oil and gas projects
- Project management experience serving as PM for scoping and Front end engineering efforts on Offshore Projects
- Marine experience and familiarity with spars and TLPs preferred
- Proven to be a strong safety champion who will lead the project in achieving zero incidents and injuries.
- Knowledge of project management and delivery, including experience consulting for and/or working with oil and gas exploration and production businesses.
- Demonstrated understanding of standard practices and interfacing requirements with Engineering, Procurement and Construction contractors.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, management, administrative, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Experience implementing sound decisions when faced with multi-faceted problems.
- Proven ability to work in and foster a strong team environment with minimal supervision.
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.