|Date Posted||July 25, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
The Gas Controller will monitor and operate the pipeline system from a control room, using SCADA systems. Observing computer screens in order to monitor gas line data and communicating to field personnel about related pipeline operations.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Monitor and resolve problems related to natural gas flows, pressures, and other related activities
* Ensures all pipeline requirements under DOT Order 192 are followed
* Assist in identifying and resolving pipeline and communication problems
* Minimize imbalances due to unusual occurrences
* Monitors, controls, and re-routes gas flows, via the SCADA System, in order to maintain safe operations
* Tracks and evaluates pipeline maintenance schedules for impact on gas flows; notifies internal customers to minimize downtime and optimize deliveries.
* Recognizes, analyzes, and resolves problems and takes corrective action to handle emergency situations
* Calculate, research, and verify pipeline systems load requirements, transportation imbalances and special projects related to pipeline control
* Compile, prepare, and note information regarding start/stop of receipt/delivery flows, field personnel call outs, nomination confirmation and changes, gas quality issues, SCADA communication problems, emergency one call locates, Maintains event logs and downtime reports; updates system daily reports and imbalance schedules
* Assists in resolving various issues associated with operations on an as-needed basis Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFACTIONS:
* Associate degree or equivalent technical school training; or an equivalent combination of closely related education, training and work experience
* Direct experience in pipeline operations and/or gas control, scheduling, processing and/or compression
* Work experience in maintenance management applications
* Thorough knowledge of pipeline systems and processing
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint
* Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively; make sound decisions and exercise good judgment in a safe and logical manner
* Regular and reliable attendance
* Pipeline or Gas Plant experience
* Control Room experience
* Scheduling experience
* SCADA experience
* Controller will work in a secured locked-down isolated gas control room with limited outside access for extended periods of time. You will be required to watch computer screens in order to monitor gas line data and communicate with field personnel related to gas operations and emergencies. The schedule for this position will be 12-hour individual rotating shifts including working nights, weekends, holidays, and be on-call for overtime and emergency needs.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Targa Resources provides equal employment opportunities based on merit, experience, and other work-related criteria and without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also strive to provide reasonable accommodation to employees' beliefs and practices that do not conflict with Targa's policies and applicable law. We value the unique contributions that every employee brings to their role with Targa.