|Date Posted||June 25, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Position: Gas Controller II
Location: Dover, DE
Responsible for exhibiting Chesapeake Utilities Corporation's Mission, Vision and Values, regarding external customers, agencies, vendors, internal departments and co-workers. Monitors and controls the operation of Eastern Shore Natural Gas transmission pipeline. Provides support to ESNG Operations team and performs other duties as related to the safe operation of affiliated natural gas systems while meeting the scheduled needs of shippers.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
* Adheres to PHMSA Control Room Management regulations and ESNG Standard Operating Procedures while providing safe, reliable and efficient operation of critical pipeline facilities including metering and regulating gate stations, pressure control stations and compressor stations.
* Operates natural gas pipeline control room with 100% reliability while coordinating construction and/or maintenance related operating restrictions as well as abnormal and emergency operations with management and field personnel.
* This is a 24/7 operation demanding excellent attendance and reliability.
* Leadership role within the Gas Control department primarily responsible for the following in addition to the above: enhanced alarm review, create scenario based individual training with each team member, overall SOP management.
* Monitor SCADA system (real-time and dialup), react with appropriate urgency to abnormal operating conditions, system alarms and emergencies.
* Ensure Gas Control Manager is aware of system problems so they may be remedied.
* Understand MAOP constraints and minimum customer requirements throughout system.
* Monitor and maintain pressure conditions throughout transmission system through the operation of system Gate Stations, Pressure Control Stations, Compressor Stations and other pipeline resources.
* Diagnose equipment problems and create Work Orders.
* Respond to Emergency telephone calls, provide assistance and contact necessary personnel. Respond to Gas Emergency calls and write Gas Emergency Reports.
* Work with ESNG Transportation Services team to ensure daily scheduled pipeline receipt and delivery needs are accomplished.
* Respond to Emergency Line Locate requests by dispatching to the appropriate personnel. Distribute and file additional notifications to Contractors with planned work around ESNG facilities.
* Complete and distribute daily receipt and delivery reports, review and analyze data to ensure accuracy.
* Enhanced alarm review and reporting, including making recommendations to the SCADA team and management for alarm setting changes
* On a rotational basis, create and lead individual training scenarios for each team member and document such training performed
* Responsible for overall Gas Control SOP management, including making recommendations for specific SOP changes and working with the entire team to determine such changes.
* Remain current with all required training and updates to all operating procedures.
* Perform telemetering checks with supply points and record gas quality data to ensure accuracy of receipts.
* Review and file daily SCADA Alarm report.
* Create and review daily Temperature Comparison Chart.
* Download and review supplier chromatograph data and generate weekly report.
* Generate and file the monthly MAOP report.
* Monitor and record hourly receipt data and file Daily Supply report.
* Assist ESNG office with packaged deliveries and main facility access monitoring.
* Willingness and availability to assist fellow Gas Controllers with shift coverage during PTO and other activities.
* Lead management of Gas Control SOPs, work with the team and the Gas Control Manager to create and update SOP's as requested to support changes.
* Cross-Train with SCADA team and act as a liaison to manage the Gas Control team needs and the SCADA team needs: review, understand and translate P&ID drawings and System Maps to facilitate the creation and revision of HMI screens and SOP's. Recommend updates to SCADA HMI screens based on operational experiences and strong understanding of ClearSCADA ViewX capabilities.
* Create and provide other reports as needed for troubleshooting, analysis and general information requests using data gathered from ESNG records and databases. Ex: Create enhanced alarm review report to include tracking of alarm setting changes
* Assist Gas Control Manager with continuous review of various Gas Control reports and receipt/delivery volumes and report any observed anomalies.
* Assist Gas Control Manager with annual review of CRM Plan and procedures and make recommendations to management based on strong foundational knowledge of Federal regulations and industry practices.
Requires……a total commitment to Chesapeake Utilities Corporation's Mission, Vision and Values and:
* Exemplary communication skills.
* Advanced understanding of ESNG pipeline system layout, MAOP limitations and operation of all control valves and compressors.
* Strong understanding of ESNG Control Room Management Plan and associated Federal and Industry regulations including CFR Title 49 Parts 191 & 192, API RP-1165, API RP-1167 and API RP-1168.
* Ability to access and review ESNG SCADA/T&S database and Excel workbook network, including GCR, and strong understanding of how the data is used, transferred and manipulated.
* Advanced knowledge of ESNG Gas Control procedures and other ESNG operations & emergency procedures.
* Advanced knowledge of Windows based PC use, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook & Internet Explorer
* Advanced proficiency with the SCADA system software including data and communications analysis through ClearSCADA ViewX HMI's, controlling and troubleshooting RTU and Mercury devices through Field Manager and MasterLink/AutoLink (respectively) and troubleshoot wireless modems through AceManager.
* Advanced proficiency of Gas Control operations & reporting software.
* Ability to read and understand P&ID diagrams and how the field equipment relates to Gas Control. Coordinate field visits with the Measurement/Compression teams to enhance this knowledge as appropriate.
* Understanding of the MD/Delmarva Miss Utility and PA One Call systems and locate ticket processing procedures.
* Strong writing skills enabling the creation of quality Work Orders, accurate documentation through Shift Notes, emails, etc. and the ability to create and update SOP's as needed.
* Completion of specialized software or operations training as approved by Gas Control Manager.
* Completion of "Gas Controller Training for Distribution and Transmission" course through Gas Technology Institute or equivalent.
* RESPONSIBILITY FOR EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS: General PC maintenance and cleanliness.
* RESPONSIBILITY FOR MATERIALS: Any inventory or stock used for printers and general office equipment.
* RESPONSIBILITY FOR DIRECTION AND INSTRUCTION OF OTHERS: Must be able to communicate special instructions and events at shift changeover and with other office personnel.
* RESPONSIBILITY FOR SAFETY OF OTHERS: Responsibility includes safety of self and assisting with maintaining safety of others in the control room.
* PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to spend long periods of time working at computer workstation.
* MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires a great deal of concentration to determine that the information from the pipeline systems makes sense and is correct. Mathematical ability required. Must be able to communicate clearly when speaking and writing.
* HAZARDS: No significant hazards with this position
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with a disability that need assistance applying for a position may email or Ruth Warner, Director, Human Resources Operations at .