|Date Posted||July 26, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Occidental is an international energy company with operations in the United States, Middle East, Latin America and Africa. We are the largest onshore oil producer in the U.S., including in the Permian Basin, and a leading offshore producer in the Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon dioxide management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit for more information.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Gas Control Representative within our OEMI Gas Control department based in Houston, TX.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Schedule and coordinate movement of natural gas to meet contractual obligations.
* Complete daily and monthly nomination deadlines, including maintaining T-Accounts by pipeline in Excel.
* Timely and accurately path daily activity in OEMI's gas management system (Allegro).
* Work closely with accounting to resolve rate and volume discrepancies.
* Provide trading with accurate and timely notice of operational developments including imbalance positions, capacity availability and pipeline operational status.
* Coordinate nomination process with Oxy production staff to ensure daily/monthly nominations are accurate.
* Monitor, track and report in a timely manner, estimated/allocated quantities and resulting imbalance levels by contract and points.
* Manage monthly imbalances to confirm contractual rate accuracy and verify cash out position.
* On call evenings and weekends and holidays.
* Minimum five years energy industry experience and gas scheduling.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate efficiently with external & internal customers.
* Must be competent in Allegro and pipeline EBB operations
* Must have experience scheduling Gulf coast and Permian pipelines.
* Must understand the gas grid and transportation components.
* Knowledge of FERC rules and regulations
* Knowledge of pipeline grid/system.
* Self-starter/responsible for nominations and scheduling.
* Team oriented.
* Must be able to work hours as needed, including evening, weekends and holidays.
* Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Disciplined work ethic, work with a sense of urgency and have strong drive for results.
* Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills, ability to anticipate, identify and resolve problem areas before they become exacerbated.
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.