|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Title: GOM HSE Operations Leader Location: United States-Texas-The Woodlands Other Locations: Description Occidental is an international energy company with operations in the United States, Middle East, Latin America and Africa. We are the largest onshore oil producer in the U.S., including in the Permian Basin, and a leading offshore producer in the Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon dioxide management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit for more information.
Occidental strives to attract and retain talented employees by investing in their professional development and providing rewarding opportunities for personal growth. Our goal is to meet the highest employer standards by ensuring the health and safety of our employees, protecting the environment and positively impacting our communities where we do business.
The Leader position is responsible for providing HSE support for operations and projects for Oxy s ten Gulf of Mexico (GoM) operating assets. The position reports to the HSE Manager for GOM Production Operations and Projects. This position is located in The Woodlands, Texas.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formally manage the offshore HSE Advisors on the assigned facilities
- Program development and review to comply with our SEMS and HSE needs
- Work with our offshore HSE Advisors in supporting facilities in incident reporting and management
- Lead incident investigations and manage incidents in incident management system to closure including corrective actions
- Assist in the roll out and implementation of HSE programs and initiatives
- Support the Onshore and Offshore HSE Representatives as needed
- Conduct contractor HSE audits and assessments
- Trending analysis for strengths and weaknesses within HSE practices based on Key Performance Indicators
- Assist in the development and updating of HSE training
- Assist with improving safety improvement processes
- Provide support with the contractor scorecard
- Keep HSE Manager informed on field activities & updated on resources required to assist to do the job effectively and be productive.
- For direct reports encourage the career discussion, at the beginning of the year during performance goals setting or at the time of the mid-year or year-end review, considering the staff s strengths, development areas, goals, and potential development opportunities
- Conduct periodic operations site visits and assessments
- Keep current on processes and technologies that will help Oxy maintain a best-in-class statistical position
- Ensure policies, procedures, and processes are understood and followed
- Participate in Incident Management Team and Oil Spill Response Plan Exercises
Qualifications REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES
- 10 years of relevant Health & Safety experience working in the Oil & Gas industry
- Experience working in an Offshore business unit, supporting Offshore HSE Operations
- Strong organization skills and works well with minimal oversight
- Experience with Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word, Teams and Excel
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface with multiple teams across different disciplines
- Basic knowledge of GoM regulatory requirements
- Presentation skills
- Bachelor s Degree in Health & Safety, Science, Engineering or other related field or equivalent experience required.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 10-25%
Position is eligible for the 9/80 schedule
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.