|Date Posted||July 18, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
You are an experienced Grader Operator who takes pride in the safe and efficient operation of production mining equipment in an open pit operation. You will be operating a Cat 14M or 16H grader to move waste and mineral materials to support site development. If you are a driven individual who continuously looks for opportunities to learn and grow, this is the position for you!
Ledcor offers great health benefits and amazing opportunities for career growth! Ledcor will also provide your choice of housing and transportation to site for each day worked.
Join our safety culture and develop your mining career with us in Ely, NV, United States!
With our vast long-term projects in multiple locations across Nevada and into California, we are continuously growing. Learn more about Ledcor here.
Hear more from our Mining team here.
* Safe and efficient operation of Cat 14M/16H graders to meet production targets
* Operate a self-propelled grader to spread and level dirt, gravel, and stone with specifications in construction and maintenance of earthworks structures
* Drive grader and move levels to regular height and angle of blade to loose soil to permit grading
* Perform fine or rough grading
* Assists in the evaluation to determine the depth of cuts
* Be a leader in both safety and production for the team by ensuring compliance with all company, client, and legislated safety policies and procedures
* Minimum one year experience of grading operation in a surface mining environment
* Proven ability and understanding to operate and troubleshoot heavy mining equipment
* Must have a valid photo identification
* Current MSHA p. 48 metal/non-metal certification is preferred
* Successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
* Must be able to arrange own accommodations, various options available in Austin, Eureka, Ely or nearby RV parks
* Rotation of 5/4, 12-hour day shifts; nights shifts are required
* Ability to work overtime may be required
* Employee benefits package and 401k plan participation offered after 60 days of continuous employment
Ledcor Mining services reach across the lifespan of a mine, from facility construction, to full-scale contract mining of coal, minerals, or metals, all the way to mine reclamation. Our service offerings are vast-as are the projects we work on.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
View our full Inclusion & Diversity statement here.
All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security