|Location||Rochester, New York|
|Date Posted||September 20, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Local Unit & Position Description
The Head of Offshore Wind - Strategy, Vision and Partnerships North America is the strategic leader responsible for transforming and growing DNV's thriving Offshore Wind Advisory practice. DNV is specifically seeking an enthusiastic strategic thinker and senior leader with a strong background in the offshore wind industry, who is interested in capitalizing on DNV's strong brand and active commercial work to maintain and grow DNV's presence as an offshore wind market leader.
This role will have exceptional internal and external visibility, including access to internal and external senior leaders to shape the way that DNV, as the premier technical advisor to the offshore space, can shape and drive the flow of capital into the offshore wind industry. The successful candidate will be energized by leveraging DNV's systems, relationships, and expertise to influence and form their own strategy. DNV supports successful leaders with the resources and staffing needed to efficiently execute on their strategies, and celebrates the wins they achieve through that autonomy and support with a caring culture that encourages bringing our full selves to work.
This position will have the autonomy, authority and the support of a team of direct reports, engaged executive leaders, and mature financial, HR and marketing business partners. The dynamic working environment will require a candidate who is easily adaptable, enthusiastic, and has the experience and technical skillset to be Customer-facing and develop opportunities that allow the broader department to deliver on a range of offshore wind services including those in the development, permitting, construction, and operational phases of project lifecycles. DNV is looking for a dynamic candidate with great leadership, management, and communication skills; the ability to develop strong relationships with Customers to advise on their techno-economic challenges; and someone who enjoys optimizing business operations while taking risks resulting in growth orientation to best serve the North American offshore wind industry.
Why you should work with us?
Within DNV's Renewables and Power Grids group and organizational culture, how we collectively influence the world for future generations matters deeply to us. Our team works every day to increase the widespread deployment and operation of renewables to address climate change and positively impact society; endeavors to achieve our purpose through the success of our Customers; and strives to be high-performing and innovative. Our approach reflects the equity, respect, and diversity we wish to see in the world.
In our team, we care about providing our employees with a unique experience. We are proud supporters of our ever-growing community of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). We prioritize flexible work environments, including remote-first options and flexible work schedules and we offer well-being support with subscriptions to Calm or Headspace. We also like to have fun - from team music playlists and swag to lunch via Uber Eats for lunch and learns and so much more!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
This position can be based out of any of our current advisory markets including Medford, Massachusetts; Arlington, Virginia; Chalfont, Pennsylvania; New York, Rochester, New York; San Diego, California; Portland, Maine; Portland, Oregon; & Seattle, Washington.
What You'll Do
- Expand and progress the 1, 2, and 5 year vision for DNV's offshore wind strategy, leveraging the status quo exploring adjustments, influencing executive level stakeholders and driving your selected strategy through execution
- Champion the Customer Relationship Management approach and relationships within Offshore wind. DNV's Key Accounts are well aligned with offshore wind lease holders and prospective holders; this candidate will have the opportunity to build on their existing relationships and strengthen them
- Direct Offshore Wind business activities in North America by identifying opportunities in the local market, leveraging and nurturing current relationships and growing new relationships with key Customers, and providing key market intelligence to help develop services according to the local industry needs, to achieve business growth and profitability goals. The candidate can expect support from strong seller-doers within the commercial line, Key Account Managers, and dedicated business development managers
- Manage a leadership team responsible for executing on the business, technical leadership and business development; developing and inspiring those leaders to effectively grow their teams, revenue, external thought leadership and innovation opportunities
- Influence and collaborate with other relevant internal teams to provide Customers with focused, prioritized, and innovative services to support the growing US market, including the Maritime service line, Marine Warranty Survey, Renewables Certification CVA team, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental and Permitting Services, Turbine Technology, Project Finance, and various other US-based and international teams
- Efficient use of DNV's innovation programs and R&D funding to drive tool and product development for qualified Customer challenges
- Champion DNV's thought leadership, including positioning DNV at industry events, conferences, and Customer meetings, as well as local and global internal R&D projects related to DNV's offshore wind business. This position will work closely with DNV's Marketing and Communications team to provide content and strategy regarding DNV's growing and evolving offshore wind service offerings and industry supporting discoveries
- Bachelor's degree required, in a field related to offshore wind success, including engineering, business, policy, or other relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the offshore infrastructure industry
- At least 5 years of management and business planning experience
- An excellent network of broad and diverse contacts within the North American offshore wind energy industry is a must, and specifically contacts within offshore wind developers, turbine manufacturers, and BOEM
- Proven track record leading and developing diverse teams, with an emphasis on influencing and inspiring high performers
- Growth mindset with proven track record in anticipating market trends and shifting technical competencies and services to match Customer needs
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time, including domestic and international
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position
What We Offer
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Company Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick, and Disability)
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefit Plans to choose from
- Spending Accounts - FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, Company-Seeded HSA
- 401(K) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Education reimbursement program
- Employer-Paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
Benefits may vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department (). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
For more information
Read more here
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and New York City Salary Transparency Law, DNV provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado or New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado and New York City, NY only, the range of starting pay for this role is $170,000 - $250,000.
Please visit our website at
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries..... click apply for full job details