|Location||Isle Of Palms, South Carolina|
|Date Posted||July 6, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
SUMMARY: The Housekeeping Supervisor will assist and support the Housekeeping Operation (Housekeepers, Supervisors, Assistant Managers, Managers and the Director of Housekeeping) as liaison communicating the needs of guests, housekeepers, and inspectors. The Housekeeping Supervisor will work closely with Engineering and housekeeping coordinating work orders and service/item requests. S/he will assist in maintaining the AAA Four Diamond Standards.
The Housekeeping Supervisor shall always strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Wild Dunes Resort Culture as well as promoting Wild Dunes Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
Essential job Functions:
* Prepares daily work boards and work assignments for housekeepers and supervisors - Following PDQ dictated standards
* Dispatches items/requests to housekeepers/supervisors/inspectors and housepersons.
* Answers phone calls to Housekeeping Office, receives housekeeping emails, and responds accordingly
* Handles any applicable guest, front desk or housekeeping request as needed.
* Keeps accurate and legible records of all services/requests
* Updates completed units in Springer-Miller
* Ability to carry out any special projects requested by Housekeeping Management.
* Responsible for data entry, managing supplies inventories, supplies ordering, managing department checkbooks, and Birchstreet (PO Software)
* Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons).
* Adjusts room status codes relative to engineering updates (Ie: Engineering status, needs inspection status,) vacant/clean, etc.
* Communicates with appropriate departments regarding rooms in engineering status
* Performing Laundry Services when needed at the Housekeeping Care Center
* Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment.
* Maintains effective organization, layout, cleanliness, security, upkeep of housekeeping office.
* Provides accurate key control and effective security for all keys.
* Helps maintain a clean and safe working environment in the housekeeping department.
* Follows through on lost and found procedures. No articles shall be removed from occupied spaces.
* Absolute respect for guest property should always be exercised.
* Ability to communicate in a multi layered fashion (cross departmentally) via email, radio, phone, or in person
Colleague is held accountable for all duties of this job, other duties as assigned, and standards outlined in the Wild Dunes Resort handbook.
Experience and Education:
* Prior hospitality experience preferred.
* Office Administrator or Office Management experience preferred
* One year of customer service experience required.
* Ability to understand and converse in English
* Ability to create and use Excel Spreadsheets.
* Ability to create and use Microsoft Word Documents
* Must be eligible to work in the United States
* Must possess a valid Driver's License and meet company driving standards.
* Must be able to read and speak English.
* Must possess a strong attention to detail and inherent eye for cleanliness and organization.
* Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written.
* Must possess excellent communication skills.
* Must be professional in appearance and demeanor.
* Must be able to work under pressure.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have excellent listening skills.
* Must always ensure a teamwork environment.
* Must have basic knowledge of chemicals and their uses.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and Colleagues.
* Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
* Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests.
* Requires advanced knowledge and understanding of Springer-Miller.
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Colleagues who are hired at Wild Dunes Resort will be verified through the federal E-Verify system.
* Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, heat);
* Must be able to walk, climb into and out of and operate a vehicle frequently, with occasional stair climbing.
* Must be able to repetitively lift, push, pull & carry up to 15 lbs, frequently up to 25 lbs and occasionally up to 50 lbs;
* Must be able to twist, bend and squat frequently.
* Must be able to perform repetitive hand & arm movements, pushing and pulling and simple grasping frequently; squeezing, overhead reaching & fine manipulation occasionally.