|Date Posted||July 18, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Position Summary: The Gas Equipment Operator is a multi-level skill position in the construction, maintenance, and repair of natural gas distribution infrastructure. This position contributes to the installation of natural gas infrastructure and appurtenances involving physical labor. The position may also be required to travel to various work locations based on Pike clients' needs and deliver optimum customer service.
* Work safely while performing new construction, maintenance, replacement or repair work as it relates to natural gas polyethylene or steel infrastructure.
* Frequently works around live gas systems and other utilities during hand digging functions to locate said utilities.
* This position exercises due care in protecting the utilities, other property, general public and coworkers.
* Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools for proper working order.
* Able to perform rigorous physical labor such as using a shovel, erection of road signs, use of pneumatic and engine driven equipment.
* Understand the proper use and maintenance of hand tools.
* Capable of working on a team, receiving and following directions.
* Possess a basic knowledge of materials used in natural gas infrastructure work.
* Performs operator qualification tasks by self or as directed.
* Understands the basic concepts of equipment set up.
* Understands excavation and shoring requirements.
* Understands when to wear personnel protective equipment.
* Works in and excavates trenches and bell holes.
* Able to identify different types of materials used in natural gas infrastructure work.
* Must be able to work outside, frequently in inclement weather.
* Does all other related work as required to complete the job.
* No experience necessary.
* Able to read and communicate effectively in English.
* Valid driver's license
* A Commercial Driver's License is strongly preferred.
* Able to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
* Able to work for extended periods in various locations, when required.
* Able to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
* Willing to work over-time when requested.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to dirt, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical equipmnet and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposted to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The employee may be subject to one or more of the following atmospheric conditions that may affect the respiratory system from fumes, odors, dust, mists, or gases. The noise level in the work environemnt and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
* Customer Oriented
* Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies.
Pike is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and /or 49 CFR Part 199.
Pike Gas, LLC is a Non-Union Company
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.