|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Center Point Energy is looking for a LCL949 Technician B, A, or Special - C&M to join our Team, located in Shakopee, MN.
You will have the ability to perform quality construction and maintenance on gas distributions system, and other related functions. Safely operates and maintains several types of construction equipment minimizing down time and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
We want you to know
CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 150 years. Our vision to lead the nation in delivering energy, service and value drives our strategy and performance. We have an unwavering commitment to safely and reliably deliver electricity and natural gas to millions of people.
Diversity and Inclusion
CenterPoint Energy is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where business results are achieved through the skills, abilities and talents of our diverse workforce.
At CenterPoint Energy, individuals are respected for their contributions toward our company objectives. We strive for an inclusive work environment across all levels that is reflective of the available workforce in the communities we serve.
What we bring to you
* Competitive pay
* Paid training
* Benefits eligibility begins on your first day
* Subsides metro and parking discounts
* Flexible work schedule, paid holidays and paid time off
* Access to discounts at fitness clubs and an on-site wellness center at our headquarters in Houston
* Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement
* 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match dollar-for-dollar up to 6% and a company contribution of 3% regardless of your contribution with immediate 100% vesting.
To be successful in this role you will:
* Assemble, install, repair, test and maintain the gas distribution system and related equipment, including but not limited to gas meters and regulators to assure safe, continuous service to customers. Respond to emergency situations to maintain public and personal safety.
* Operate equipment/tools used in the protection, repair, replacement and installation of new gas mains and services, including preparation and restoration of the construction site for completion of assigned projects.
* Perform routine operator maintenance on all equipment/tools used in and associated with the construction, maintenance, and repair and testing of the gas distributions system. To assure safe, efficient performance and minimizing down time.
* Inspect distribution system maps and drawings to determine location, gas flow patterns and pressures, and to ensure that components used in repairing and adding to the system are appropriate.
* Follow the Operations Manual procedures and inspects work of the crew for compliance with all company codes and those of local, state and federal agencies.
* Perform other related tasks including, but not limited to, leak survey work, line locating, foreign construction work, storekeeping, meter reading, chart changing, transporting equipment, and fleet and facilities maintenance to ensure efficient operation of the work.
* Participate in external and internal training, including online, field and classroom, to increase job knowledge and certify qualifications. Advise and assist other employees on-the-job to provide technical, safety and procedural knowledge.
* Maintainsa professional working relationship with internal and external customers.
* Cut, bevel and trim metals and uses flame cutting torches and approved power tools.
Your background includes:
* Requires successful completion of a certification program at an accredited educational institution in natural gas distribution, installation and repair, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent technical skills.
* Requires no prior work-related experience.