|Date Posted||July 29, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Lead Lighting Artist - Battlefield Seattle Studio
Battlefield Seattle is focused on building rich, exciting stories with memorable characters and powerful experiences all in the Battlefield universe. We are building a new studio in the Seattle area composed of leaders and talent with a vast array of AAA game dev experience. As we assemble our diverse team, all who have a voice in making great games together, we're looking for a healthy mixture of tempered veterans and young passionate individuals eager to make a difference.
Role Overview: You are a Lead Lighting Artist who will help us light worlds, inspire incredible scenes and composition, help define our production techniques, maintain budgets while always being focused on the highest quality execution - with empathy and clarity being at the heart of who you are as a leader.
Reporting to the Studio Art Director our Lead Lighting Artist is a practical artist, inspired not only by the games industry but also by film, concept art, photography and photorealism.
- An understanding of lighting principals, composition, color theory and both dynamic and baked lighting principals that we can see exercised in your portfolio - both in shipped game projects and in personal work.
- Knowledge of at least one industry standard modeling package and an understanding of PBR compliant texturing.
- Demonstrate lighting inside of a game engine and a look development environment. This includes relights, mood changes, support for VFX characters and cinematics.
- The ability to write documentation where required and maintain production requirements such as stand-ups, feedback and communication with peers.
- Experience working with an Art director to develop direction and quality goals and parsing that information to a team for precise execution.
- Have experience with cross discipline collaboration as a core tenant of who you are as a leader.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Lead Lighting Artist
- Dynamic cinematic lighting
- Lighting characters
- Techniques for photorealism
The following are required as part of the application process:
- Apply online with resume
- Provide web link on resume for online portfolio (required)
- As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a test
- This may be an Art, Audio, Design, or Writing test
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.