|Date Posted||April 18, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
The Lead System Administrator's role is to understand existing IT solutions and processes, identify opportunities for improvement, and then design and implement solutions that deliver results. These ranges from server infrastructure design for improve security, reliability and redundancy, to process and procedure documentation for peer and end-user training. This is a temporary position expected to last from six to nine months or may be extended as needed.
- Lead, coordinate and participate in key process improvements as they relate to the client/server environment.
- Develop strategies for client/server implementations; architect the infrastructure required to support those strategies.
- Act as project lead in the design and review of new server systems, applications, and hardware; conduct capacity planning as needed.
- Establish and implement procedures, and technologies (including firewalls) to ensure server security.
- Acquisition & Deployment
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Operational Management
- Check ticketing system for entries on server and server resource issues; prioritize and respond to Service Desk Incident tickets as appropriate.
- Serve as cornerstone for escalating server issues; provide timely response to customer escalations.
- Perform file system configuration and management; define and perform server backups and recovery procedures.
- Plan and implement server upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
- Manage enterprise directory services and supporting server infrastructure.
- Recommend and execute modifications to server environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Develop and maintain training materials and server documentation.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Project Management Responsibilities
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations.
- Plan and schedule project timelines.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate to involved parties.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues/project dependencies and conflicts within the project team.
- A Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science or management information systems or a related discipline.
- Microsoft Certification(s) which may include Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate.
Required Work Experience
- 5+ years of equivalent work experience in a technical and analytical position responsible for designing and building new infrastructure, augmenting and managing existing server environments, as well as seamlessly migrating away from and retiring older solutions
- Experienced with the deployment and proactive maintenance of Windows Server and Linux operating systems in a production environment
- Proficient in the deployment and maintenance of virtualization environments using Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare ESX technologies, including implementation of business continuity technologies and processes such as backup, recovery and hardware redundancy
- Expert in the implementation and maintenance of Windows Active Directory infrastructure according best practices guidelines. This includes the design and provisioning of group policies and security access and permission
- Experienced in the installation, configuration, and proactive maintenance of enterprise server, SAN and network hardware such as those from Cisco, Dell, HPE and Nimble Storage.
- Spearheaded deployment secure remote access solutions such as two factor authentication, reverse proxy, remote desktop gateway solutions
- Strong understanding of security practices that involve network ports and protocols protocols, vLAN segregation, firewall management, and operating system configurations
- Experienced at the deployment of server and network management, real-time alerting, monitoring and reporting tools
Pattern Energy Group LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer