|Date Posted||July 9, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Are you a maintenance professional who is looking for career growth with a dynamic mining company? Nevada Gold Mines has the job for you!
Our people division is growing, and we are looking for an Underground Electrical Supervisor at our Leeville operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, overseeing the installation, maintenance, and repair of all surface and underground electrical equipment; direct supervision of electrical crews and contractors working in the electrical department's area of responsibility; perform other duties as assigned
At Nevada Gold Mines we are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities. We offer a generous benefits package which includes a competitive medical, dental, and vision plan with national provider networks, a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution, paid time off, company-sponsored medical clinics, company match share purchase program, and much more!
* Proven safe work history required
* Five (5) years' experience in a supervisory or leadership role preferred
* Eight (8) years' experience working in an underground mining environment required
* Ability to work effectively with all departments in a team environment required
* Excellent communication skill required
* Knowledge of hoisting systems, conveyor systems, ventilation systems, pumping systems, and communication systems preferred
* Strong computer skills required
* Ability to perform all essential functions of this position required
What We Can Offer You
* A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
* Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
* Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
* An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
* Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
* Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
* Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
About Nevada Gold Mines
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick's Cortez; the combination of Barrick's Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp's Carlin; and the combination of Barrick's Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp's Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick's Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.