|Date Posted||May 2, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for ensuring that work flows through the shop in a coordinated manner. This includes: issuing clear work orders, making sure questions are answered promptly, scheduling work centers, and coordinate the flow of parts to work areas. The Manufacturing Engineer is also responsible for identifying process improvement opportunities along with proposed solutions. This onsite position is a 40+ a week in our Bethlehem, PA Office.
- Create shop routers (work orders) based on data released from engineering. Ensure that all necessary information is included with the router. Follow up with the shop floor associates to confirm that the instructions are understood and actionable.
- Load the shop schedule with tasks and required hours based on the routers being released to the floor.
- Answer questions from shop floor associates, which may require follow up with engineering or other departments. Make sure that questions are answered promptly and the feedback
- is clearly understood.
- Identify opportunities to create standardized routers the take the place of job-specific work instructions created by engineering.
- Take a leadership role in managing 'shop jobs', which are jobs that are primarily managed by the shop with minimal input from engineering.
- Maintain a safe working environment and a commitment to safety excellence.
- Identify and lead process / product improvement initiatives in the shop.
- Pursue upgrades in technology and equipment to improve efficiency and product quality.
- Assist in the interviewing and evaluation of new hires.
- Interface with other departments and suppliers as required to ensure project requirements are met on time.
- Participate in manufacturing team activities to meet identified goals
- Achieve highest levels of internal and external customer service
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company's discretion.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
Eduction: Bachelor's dregree in Mechanical Engineering preferred with a minimum of 5 years experience in a manufactuing role. Leadership experienced preferred.
The requirements below are the mnimu requirements an employee needs to fulfill this position. They are representaive of the knowledge, skills and ability required for the position.
- Prior experience with collaborative work teams
- Prior experience leading teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Prior experience as a process leader and with implementing productivity tools is
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to bring assignments to a successful completion
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and ensure that they are met
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to mentor and train
- Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, back ground checks, valid license, on-call schedules, weekend rotations, lifting up to 30 lbs, etc)
- The position will be based full time in our Bethlehem, PA facility.
- Evening and weekends depending on company needs
- Able to understand, read, write and speak English proficiently
- Authorized to work in the USA
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug, background and alcohol test