|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Job Title: Mechanical Rotating Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas
Type of Role: Contract
Must be authorized to work in the US without visa sponsorship
The Global Edge is a global staffing firm connecting projects worldwide with the industry's most talented project professionals. We work with high-level technical and commercial personnel across multiple industries including Oil and Gas, Energy, Renewables, Infrastructure, IT, and more. With offices strategically located worldwide, the Global Edge is known for the highest level of delivery for our clients and contractors.
Our relationships are built on trust, top-quality recruitment, and service excellence. We have an unwavering commitment to integrity and a strong global team in place that allows us to continue our mission to redefine excellence within recruitment.
Our team is currently looking for a Mechanical Rotating Engineer for a client in the Oil and Gas industry.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Ensure equipment is designed and constructed to be safe, to perform the requirements of the process and meet the project specifications.
Audit EPC detailed designs for rotating equipment; gas turbines, refrigerant and process compressors, drivers, gearboxes, blowers and pumps and their associated auxiliary support systems.
Review equipment inquiry and purchase requisitions and technical bid evaluations supplied by EPC for correctness of election.
Participate in factory acceptance tests and inspections.
Review vendor drawings and data, test procedures, reports and calculations in an audit and assurance roles.
Attend kick-off, detailed design, model reviews and pre-inspection meetings.
Participate in process HAZID and HAZOP analysis as needed.
Interface with EPC counterparts and other EPC disciplines as part of project task forces.
Track project deliverable with little or no supervision
Stay up to date on current mechanical engineering developments thru participation in Industry technical show and committees.
Train other engineers
Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
Education and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in engineering or mechanical engineering preferred.
Master's degree in mechanical engineering preferred.
- 10+ years industry related experience with large rotating machinery
- Experience with gas turbines, large process or refrigerant compressors, drivers, gearboxes, blowers and pumps and their associated auxiliary support systems and/or skid mounted packaged systems
- Experience and knowledge with control systems for typical compression equipment.
- Familiarity and ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical diagrams, including flow charts, cause and effect diagrams, and piping and Instrument drawings (P&IDs)
- Must have good working knowledge of API, ASME, ANSI, PIP and other process industry codes and standards
- Ability to maintain multipole assignments with various deadlines and responsibility level concurrently
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy, and professionalism
- Extensive EPC and vendor interface, so communication skills must be excellent
- Specific knowledge in understanding the vibration as related to rotating equipment, this includes both analytical applications (lateral/torsional analysis) and diagnostics during Factory Acceptance Testing and commissioning activities
- Understanding of acoustic pulsation studies and pulsation issues on reciprocating equipment.
- Design and construction knowledge of NEC codes, especially as related to hazardous area applications
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment air emission reduction concepts and applications
The Global Edge Consultants, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Global Edge Consultants, LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.