|Date Posted||July 2, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Requisition ID: 144161
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Superintendent you will play a significant part in our operational success. You will function as a field supervisor and may have responsibility for multiple Foreman, and/or laborers/craft workers. You with be responsible for the organization, work methods, scheduling, cost control, conformity with drawings and specification, workmanship, and assignment of work to accomplish the execution of the work, either directly or through General Foreman or Foreman. You will also work to maintain positive working relationships with clients, architects/engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, and job site staff.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations.
Kiewit Mining Group has grown steadily to become one of North America's leading producers of high-quality, high-energy coal and is ranked as one of the top 10 coal producers in the nation. We are built on a solid foundation of safety, quality, production and integrity.
This position is based out of various locations.
• Understand and follow all federal, state, and company health, safety and environmental requirements.
• Participates in daily mine plan meetings for the purpose of determining short range and long-range plans for the business .
• Responsible for direct supervision of an assigned crew of manual workers.
• Establishes daily job assignments, authorizes time off requests, completes performance assessments, initiates disciplinary action and performance improvements.
• Investigating problems and/or reported incidents: identifying and recommending solutions/alternatives as appropriate.
• Makes decisions for disciplinary actions, promotions and makes recommendations for terminations, reclassifications, and transfers.
• Upholds the standards of employment law in regard to sexual harassment, discrimination, EEO, FMLA, ADA, and all other matter dealing with fair and equal treatment of employees.
• Through the course of daily dealings with employees, will be exposed to information about employees that may be protected information that must remain confidential. Discretion must be exercised when you are the recipient of such information.
• Establish and maintain communications between all levels of supervision and management.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 3 to 5 years relevant experience as a Production Superintendent in either Coal or Metal/Non-Metal surface mines or civil construction experience
• Must be a self-starter and highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• The ability to work shift work including nights and weekends.
• Ability to travel on short notice.
• Willingness and ability to relocate to job sites.
_We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law._