|Date Posted||January 5, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Ziegler CAT has an opening for a Mining Technology Support Supervisor. This role will work to expand our capabilities related to CAT's MineStar technology suite and the infrastructure that supports it.
Responsibilities include supporting MineStar, mesh radio networks, fatigue monitoring, and other technology solutions to meet market needs by focusing on customer requirements. The Mining Technology Support Supervisor will also work to create the Ziegler blueprint for infrastructure requirements, implementation process, and project management execution for onboarding new MineStar enabled equipment. This position will also supervise the Mining Technology Support Specialist(s) that hold responsibility for day-to-day office support of the MineStar portfolio.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the complete CAT MineStar suite and Radio Mesh Network technologies for Ziegler, customers, and vendors
- Expand and improve both current and future MineStar and mining technology implementation and onboarding processes as we grow our technology footprint in our territory
- Resolve technology issues both remotely and on-site as needed
- Perform both customer and internal trainings both remotely and on-site as needed
- Work with Branch Operations team to improve technology related processes with the goal of overall technology success
- Manage the workload of the Mining Technology Support Specialist(s) and ensure they are up to date on our current technology offering
- Coach and mentor Support Specialist(s), understand their goals and prepare them for the next step in their career
- Evaluate new technology products within the mining industry
- Work with the Sales and Support teams to help develop strategies for new technology offerings, gather requirements for customers and explain complex solutions
- Work with manufacturers to improve product lines to better meet customer needs
- Provide technical support to aid customer projects and/or new demonstrations to ensure success
- Assist the sales process as a consultant on the technical aspects of our technology solutions
- 2 year degree or higher in a technical or mechanical discipline required; 4 year Degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, or Information Systems preferred
- 1-3 years of experience configuring, installing, and supporting Caterpillar technology products preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Experience managing large scale implementation projects and familiarity with standard project management techniques.
- Experience in mining operations and knowledge of mining terminology, infrastructure and KPI's preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to give presentations; explain technology issues; and train new customers in a classroom or field setting
- Strong work ethic and problem solving skills
- Customer-oriented and acts with a sense of urgency
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience with any of these products is a plus:
- Caterpillar MineStar
- Caterpillar AccuGrade GPS based Products
- GPS Base Stations
- Radio Infrastructure
- Fatigue Monitoring
- Clean driving record
- MSHA Certification preferred. Obtaining MSHA Certification will be required before employees can enter any mine sites
- Personal Attributes: Commitment/Dependability, Learning Orientation, Customer Focus, Planning and Organization
- Up to 50% travel; mostly local with occasional travel to relevant trainings and mining technology related expos
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Standing, sitting, walking, talking, hearing
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Ziegler Inc. will reasonably accommodate the known disabilities of qualified disabled individuals.
Ziegler Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color or creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, protected veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission dealing with discrimination, or any other protected class status.
For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights and protections, click here and here.
For information about your Family and Medical Leave Act rights, click here, and for information about the Employee Polygraph Protection Act, click here.
For information about Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Special Assistance and Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities