|Location||Woodstock, New York|
|Date Posted||July 27, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with 2021 sales of approximately $5.5 billion.
AMETEK has 18,500 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service, and support locations in 30 countries around the world.
Our Mission is to solve our customers most complex challenges with differentiated technology solutions.
Our Strategy is embodied in the AMETEK Growth Model, which integrates the four growth strategies of Operational Excellence, New Product Development, Global and Market Expansion, and Strategic Acquisitions with a focus on cash flow generation and disciplined capital deployment. By executing the AMETEK Growth Model, we seek to generate shareholder value by doubling earnings per share over the course of each business cycle.
AMETEK consists of two operating groups, both with highly differentiated technology and leading positions in niche markets:
- Electronic Instruments - a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of advanced analytical, test and measurement instrumentation for the energy, aerospace, power, research, medical and industrial markets.
- Electromechanical - a differentiated supplier of automation and precision motion control solutions, as well as highly engineered electrical interconnects, specialty metals and thermal management systems.
Motor Wind will enable company success by performing duties to assemble, paint, inspect and test a variety of designs of subassembly parts used in the final assembly of motors, fans and blowers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble parts from subcomponents for motors following drawings, work instructions and in-process inspection requirements.
- Perform a wide range of tasks to assemble a stator winding. Tasks include, but not limited to: operation of equipment to make subcomponents (winder, press, cleat), cut & wind wire, insulate, impregnation (chamber) buff, paint and test the parts.
- Interpreting part drawings, allowing for improvement discussions with technical support groups (i.e. Process Engineering, Quality, Design Engineering).
- Participates with teams to solve department area problems.
- Measure parts using basic measuring tools (i.e. ruler, calipers). Basic Math skills. Algebra a plus.
- Maintains established standards of quality, productivity & attendance.
- Records information or data describing work performed or defects found.
- Conduct product testing and performance testing including recording of results.
- Follows all safety/company policies and procedures, including required Personal Protective Equipment for the respective job being performed.
- Responsible for both the success of the individual and the team.
- Works overtime as required (mandatory at times) by the business & performs other related tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Read and comprehend assembly drawings, work instructions and procedures.
- Basic computer skills to view documentation.
- Ability to use hand tools, mechanical/electrical equipment and test gauges.
- Basic math skills (able to read a ruler).
- Effective verbal and written communicator.
- Effective listening when learning new skills or improving work technique.
- Display good judgment - quality and safety.
- Good work ethic; positive attitude.
- Ability to focus on task; limited non-work conversation and being away from work station.
- Perform repetitive tasks while sitting for extended periods of time
- Constantly strives for ways to improve efficiency.
- Ability to take constructive feedback concerning quality, performance.
- Deals with others in a professional and respectful manner.
Education and Experience:
- High School degree or GED certificate
- Equivalent experience (on-the-job training)
- Good eye/hand coordination
- Able to see close-up, detailed work
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
- Able to tolerate fumes
AMETEK is a highly technical manufacturing company made up of 40 industry leading companies. Our mission is to solve our customers most challenging problems with differentiated technology solutions. We employ 18,000 colleagues in more than 30 countries. AMETEK (NYSE:AME) is a component of the S&P 500. Visit for more information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1 .