|Date Posted||July 19, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Ocean Winds is a 50/50 joint venture of EDP Renewables and ENGIE, two of the biggest players in energy. Both companies share the vision in which renewables, particularly offshore wind, play a key role in the global energy transition. With 1.5 GW under construction and 5.7 GW under development, Ocean Winds' mission is to make offshore wind one of the main sources of renewable energy by delivering more efficient and sustainable wind energy solutions. OW is a global player, bringing together the expertise and development capacity of both companies.
Ocean Winds North America (OW NA) is seeking an Offshore Development Engineer to support early-stage development. This position will support OW NA efforts to develop lease valuation estimates for upcoming BOEM lease auctions. The position will also act as a focal point for communication with the OW Corporate team in Europe. This position will be on a hybrid remote work schedule, working three days in the office and two days from home.
* Provide input on engineering and wider technical matters in support of early-stage development offshore wind projects prior to any BOEM lease auction. Coordinate input from the appropriate technical teams as required.
* Manage the development phase engineering program and identify all key activities required to define and refine project concepts (e.g. design parameters, construction methods, etc.).
* Support the preparation of stakeholder management plans and registers and lead engagement with technical stakeholders.Provide environmental and consenting related support to the investigation of new opportunities as required.
* Ensure appropriate engineering governance and project controls are put in place and managed, including the development and maintainanence of technical risk registers for each opportunity.
* Working with procurement, identify the need for, select, and manage specialist internal and external technical input to ensure project requirements are delivered on time and to budget. Manage specific technical scopes of work as required to advance early stage development works.
* Support the company's work in monitoring offshore wind technology development, as well as engage in regulatory matters associated with the development and construction of offshore wind farm projects.
* Represent OW NA in industry research & development committees, trade associations, Joint Industry Projects, etc.
* Explore innovation opportunities and support the progress of innovation projects led by either OW or a third party, where appropriate.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
The successful candidate would have the following:
* A degree in a relevant engineering subject is required.
* A minimum of 3 years' experience within the offshore wind sector is required. Experience in the development phase of projects is preferred. Professional Engineer status is desirable. Project Management certification is a plus.
* Demonstrable knowledge is required in site characterisation, early stage design processes of offshore wind farms and associated transmission asset, construction methods and O&M along with associated timescales, as well as knowledge in floating foundations and moorings.
* Familiarity with relevant software packages such as the MS Office suite including MS Project. Ability in other technical software such as AutoCAD & GIS will be considered a plus.
* An ability to work to tight schedules, manage work efficiently, be able to work closely within project teams, and to interact with external consultants confidently.
* Fluent in English.
Location: Boston, MA & Remote.