|Location||Not Specified, Washington|
|Date Posted||July 19, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
AECOM has a position available for an Offshore Wind Permitting Marine Scientist to work from any one of the following locations in the eastern United States. Locations include, but may not be limited to the following metro areas, Boston or Cape Cod, MA, New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD, Raleigh, NC, Atlanta, GA.
This is a career opportunity to join a fully engaged AECOM technical and project management team with deep resources in the offshore marine and terrestrial settings and to support our continued growth and focus on the Offshore Wind Energy Market.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Responsible for the overall management administration to projects and assists in establishing project-specific objectives and policies.
* Provides management and guidance to subordinate managers, enforces company and project policies, and is a primary liaison between AECOM and client interface.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We're one global team - 47,000 strong - driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
With world class technical expertise, leading edge technology and innovative project delivery capability around the world, AECOM's global environmental practice helps industry and government meet their business goals - to achieve compliance, reduce or eliminate risks and manage impacts. We provide advisory and technical services to help clients cleanup and close contaminated sites and surplus operational facilities and restore them for reuse, plan and permit new facilities, address critical climate change issues, restore habitats and water quality, protect natural and cultural resources, maintain compliance, and cost effectively manage residuals and wastes.
* BS degree in Marine Science/Environmental Science, policy or related field
* 8+ years of professional experience in environmental consulting / Energy market with applied science in the OSW (Offshore Wind) market to include overseeing studies, surveys and permitting in support of BOEM, SAP and COP Submittals
* Prior project experience, task and project management and execution required
* Must be located in Northeast Coast of the United States
* US Citizenship Required
* Sponsorship is not available for this position
* Relocation is not available for this position
* Valid Drivers License Required
* Masters degree in Marine Science/Environmental Science, policy or related field highly preferred
* 10+ years of relevant experience desired
* Understanding of the regulatory and study relationships of interconnects and landfalls desired
* Strong written, verbal communication skills as well as leadership of technical teams
* Strong technical and regulatory policy background consistent with understanding BOEM Permitting submittals and state regulatory policies
Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires employers to provide the following compensation and benefits information for positions that may be performed in Colorado:
Offered rate of compensation (Colorado locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. (For executive level positions: Bonus opportunities are tied to both company and individual performance and vary from year-to-year.) The salary range for this position is: $129,000 - $239,000.
AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness, and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
* AECOM encourages, but does not require, its employees to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. However, this position is on a project or a worksite, which requires workers to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved accommodation must be received in order to enter an AECOM or worksite location in New York City, NY.
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts - planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers - leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let's get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Ecology
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 265752BR
Additional Locations US - Atlanta, GA - 1360 Peachtree St NE, US - Boston, MA - One Federal St, US - New York, NY - 125 Broad Street, US - Raleigh, NC - 5438 Wade Park Boulevard, Suite 200, US - Washington, DC - 1700 G Street
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.