|Date Posted||January 14, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
AECOM has a position available for an Offshore Wind Permitting / Sr. Project Manager to work from any one of the following locations in the eastern United States. Locations include, but may not be limited to the following metro areas, Boston or Cape Cod, MA, New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD, Raleigh, NC, Atlanta, GA. This is a career opportunity to join a fully engaged AECOM technical and project management team with deep resources in the offshore marine and terrestrial settings and to support our continued growth and focus on the Offshore Wind Energy Market.
Responsibilities include but aren't limited to the following:
- Responsible for the overall management administration to project and assists in establishing project specific objectives and policies.
- Provides management and guidance to subordinate managers, enforces company and project policies, and a primary liaison between AECOM and client interface.
- Oversees and ensures all facets of the project are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule through subordinate managers and supervisors.
- Responsible for administering the project from budgeting/schedule stage through procurement and contract closeout. Position has significant profit/loss responsibility for assigned project.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingand disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2
With world class technical expertise, leading edge technology and innovative project delivery capability around the world, AECOM's global environmental practice helps industry and government meet their business goals - to achieve compliance, reduce or eliminate risks and manage impacts. We provide advisory and technical services to help clients cleanup and close contaminated sites and surplus operational facilities and restore them for reuse, plan and permit new facilities, address critical climate change issues, restore habitats and water quality, protect natural and cultural resources, maintain compliance, and cost effectively manage residuals and wastes.
- BS degree in Marine Science/Environmental Science, policy or related field
- 8+ years of professional experience in environmental consulting / Energy market with applied science in the OSW (Offshore Wind) market to include overseeing studies, surveys and permitting in support of BOEM, SAP and COP Submittals
- Prior project experience, task and project management and execution required
- Must be located in Northeast Coast of the United States
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- Masters degree in Marine Science/Environmental Science, policy or related field highly preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience desired
- Understanding of the regulatory and study relationships of interconnects and landfalls desired
- Strong written, verbal communication skills as well as leadership of technical teams
- Strong technical and regulatory policy background consistent with understanding BOEM Permitting submittals and state regulatory policies
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 252317BR
Additional Locations US - New York, NY - 125 Broad Street
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.