|Date Posted||July 14, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Oil and Gas Construction Estimator- Competitive Salary - Muncie, IN
Do you possess a Bachelor's degree in Construction, Engineering, Natural Resources, or experience in cost estimating of power line or pipeline construction projects? Do you have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
We are leading providers of total right-of-way access solutions, looking to appoint Oil and Gas Construction Estimator to join our team. You will be responsible for estimating temporary access and civil/environmental right-of-way services for projects in the power line, pipeline, and general construction industries. Estimators must develop a comprehensive understanding of KLEIN ACCESS services, as well as our customers' businesses and their needs. The estimating process includes access planning and design, quantifying materials from bid documents, and accurately identifying all costs associated with executing a project.
The key responsibilities of an Oil and Gas Construction Estimator include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with sales teams to design and estimate solutions for projects in pipeline, powerline, and general construction industries.
- Design and map solutions for temporary right-of-way access.
- Attend site visits and pre-construction meetings for upcoming project.
- Perform take-offs from construction plans and estimate labor, equipment, and materials needed to execute plans.
- Create quotes and complete customers' pricing sheets for submission of proposals.
- Develop execution plans, schedules, project narratives, and other written communication as part of proposals.
- Assist in the creation and management of KLEIN supplier profiles, qualifications, and bid submittals in customers' web-based E-commerce systems.
- Assist with the review and execution of contracts, work orders, change orders, and similar.
- Assist project management team in cost management of projects.
- Track new developments and trends in the energy industry.
- Proactively work to establish advantageous long-term customer relationships.
- Provide technical expertise and support for sales teams on upcoming opportunities.
- Other tasks as determined by Director of Estimating and Director of Operations.
KLEIN ACCESS is one of North America's leading providers of right-of-way access solutions. From pipelines to power lines to civil projects, we offer unmatched expertise in total access planning, clearing, site work and restoration services. When customers choose KLEIN ACCESS as their access company, they're also choosing YAK ACCESS North America's largest supplier of access mats and products for building temporary or permanent roads-which means they can be as confident in their materials as they are in their project plan.
At YAK and our business units, we bring operational excellence regardless of industry or location. Our culture is as top notch as our service and our employees work together like a family. We have ranked 2nd by our employees as one of the Best Places to Work in Mississippi in the Mega-Large Division for the last three years in a row!
The key skills and qualities of an Oil and Gas Construction Estimator:
- Knowledge of basic construction materials, production methods, and safety standards.
- Skill in mathematics and a strong grasp of units and conversions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required.
- Familiarity with B2W Estimate is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a multi-tasked environment.
- Knowledge of Lean construction methodologies and principles is critical.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, equipment, and safety hazards of construction projects.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.