|Date Posted||April 4, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
The Operations Engineer is responsible for maximizing uptime and production, optimizing reliability performance, and ensuring safe operation of our RNG assets. She/he will collaborate extensively with the operations and engineering staff through extensive on-site support to commission new projects, troubleshoot issues impacting throughput or yield, and implement process and technology improvements at our facilities. The Operations Engineer must be skilled in vendor management and familiar with common gas processing equipment. As needed, the individual will also work cross-functionally to support or lead a diverse set of analytical and/or operational tasks that may arise in a start-up environment.
- Manage full scope of process improvement projects for AMP facilities upgrading biogas into RNG
- Create action plans for resolving issues by evaluating operation targets, unit performance, and limitations.
- Track, monitor, and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for existing biogas operations, including weekly reporting to leadership on facility performance vs plan.
- Interface with multi-disciplinary teams to develop and monitor project metrics as well as manage project data.
- Provide operational management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating and engineering data and trends.
- Develop and implement strategies geared towards improving operations at biogas upgrading plants.
- Assist onsite operations staff to troubleshoot issues and devise improved alternatives.
- Collaborate with Vendors and Facility Managers to develop SOPs and other training material for operations staff.
- Manage vendors to improve reliability and lower operating costs.
- Perform RCFAs and implement solutions with Facility Manager.
- Train new operators on root cause analysis and optimal plant operation.
- Assist Regulatory team in fugitive emission and CI score tracking and monitoring.
- Prioritize operational safety.
- Bachelor's in Engineering, preferably Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial, or electrical (required)
- >5 years of field engineering experience (required)
- Passion for & track record of delivering results and problem solving (required)
- Excellent written & oral communication skills (required)
- Experience with basic computer software like MS Office (required)
- Willingness to travel 30% or more of the time (required)
- Master's degree in Engineering (preferred)
- >10 years of field engineering experience (preferred)
- >3 years of experience with basic unit ops for gas upgrading (preferred)
- Experience with SCADA systems such as Wonderware, Factory Talk, Ignition (preferred)
- Interest in alternative energy and/or renewable fuels (preferred)
Compensation: Negotiable, market competitive package including significant productivity pay and equity for the right candidate
About AMP Americas
AMP Americas operates three business units: Renewable Dairy Fuels, ampRenew and ampCNG. Renewable Dairy Fuels (RDF) produces 100 percent renewable natural gas from the largest on-farm anaerobic digester to vehicle fuel project in the U.S. at Fair Oaks Farms in Indiana. ampRenew, the company's branded high quality RNG sourcing, marketing, and risk management business, sources RNG from Fair Oaks Farms and third party RNG developers to supply partner CNG stations, ampCNG stations, and fleet customers with clean, sustainable RNG for trucking fleets. ampCNG is leading the movement to help heavy-duty trucking fleets transition to cost-effective, clean and American-produced CNG. A member of the Department of Energy's National Clean Fleets Partnership tasked to reduce the nation's dependency on imported oil, ampCNG builds, owns and operates a growing network of CNG fueling stations for long-haul trucking fleets.