|Location||Salt Lake City|
|Date Posted||June 20, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Irby is one of the ten largest electrical distribution companies in the United States, with over $1 Billion in annual sales and over 900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby has experienced incredible growth over the past 5 years. This presents many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the country in various locations, including cities such as: Jackson, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Minneapolis and Oklahoma City.
Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community activity. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
This position is responsible for maintaining an ongoing gas services program in the specific product areas of natural gas utility distribution to support sales operations by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responds to requests from customers and salespersons on matters pertaining to the application and operation of high-technology equipment.
- Assists with the planning and presentation of training programs and other professional growth opportunities for customers and salespersons in the planning, installation, and operations of high-tech equipment.
- Practices good interpersonal relations, using tact, courtesy, a positive attitude toward customers and co-workers, pleasant telephone etiquette, and a general attitude as a representative of goodwill on behalf of the company at work or during company travel.
- Acquires, uses and continuously develops personal technical knowledge of general and specialty merchandise items to assist customers and other company personnel.
- Determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired by being familiar with products sold in the department by use, vendor, location in warehouse, catalog and catalog number, other reference materials, and special selling points.
- Identifies and uses appropriate company and/or customer pricing systems.
- Establishes or improves relationships with customers to better understand sales territory, schedule and customer needs by phone and customer visits.
- Talks with customers by phone or in person to receive orders for products.
- Calls on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Describes or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Solicits sale of new or additional products.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads.
- Provides oral and written quotations or estimates of prices, terms and delivery for standard, complex or non-standard merchandise.
- Prepares cash or charge sales tickets with required identification, necessary information for customer, merchandise, price, and sales tax status for processing, shipment and delivery of merchandise in a timely manner. Follows up with any specific record-keeping requirements.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's delivery schedules.
- Assists in customer credit issues as directed.
- Reviews complaints concerning billing or products sold, referring complaints to designated departments for investigation and resolution.
- Prepares correspondence and reports necessary for business transactions.
- Keeps a careful, accurate and daily record of expenses to be reimbursed and submitted timely.
- Formulates, develops and executes account development and sales by account. Submit reports as required.
- Works with Purchasing Dept. to resolve any potential inventory obsolesce problems as directed.
- Sells and promotes branch and company-wide promotions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, blueprints, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from small groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to perform math functions representative of the job such as; addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and metric scales; computing rate, ratio, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs; calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and proportions.
- Ability to develop and present specialized instruction concerning the specific high-tech equipment in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Be adept at Microsoft software suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote).
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) or equivalent from an accredited four-year college or university; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE M/F/Disability Veteran