|Date Posted||July 22, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Join Our Team!
Macquarie Group is a global financial services provider with offices in 28 countries. The Commodity Markets and Finance (CMF) division of Macquarie provides clients with risk and capital solutions across physical and financial markets. CMF's diverse platform has evolved over more than 30 years and provides financing, financial hedging, physical execution, and access to market pricing for clients exposed to commodities and financial markets.
The Operations Division of COG is looking for a Senior Associate who will be responsible for providing Operational support for the Global Physical Oil business.
Key Responsibilities will include:
* Verification of deal representation in trading system for Global Physical Oil including reconciliation of Broker confirmations to risk system trade details.
* Generate, track, and execute trade confirmations for various types of physical Oil transactions including but not limited to midstream, downstream, shipping, field, storage, and terminal contracts and related service agreements to support the complete sales, trading and supply service requirements globally.
* Handling counterparty responses to confirmations/contracts as well as receipt/review/response to third-party paper.
* Liaise directly with traders, business heads, and all support/risk functions (credit, market risk, operations, technology, legal, compliance, finance, etc.) to ensure trading practices are correct and in line with compliance policies.
* Reconciliation of Physical Inventory and Settlement Invoices against Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM)system, 3rd party statement, supply and transportation records.
To be successful in this role you will need:
* A minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience in the Energy sector, focusing on Physical Crude Oil and Refined Products
* A working knowledge of truck / rail transportation markets as well as the logistical aspects of transporting liquid commodities preferred.
* Highly motivated individual with a confident and professional attitude, possessing high levels of strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
* An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work well in a team environment and take direction.
* Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments and challenging deadlines, good project management skills
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders, and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.