|Location||Big Lake, Texas|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Canes Midstream is a private equity backed midstream oil and gas company with assets in the prolific Permian basin. Canes Midstream operates the largest private greenfield gathering and processing system in the Southern Midland Basin. The Company is experiencing significant growth and seeking a Pipeline Operator. The Pipeline Operator is responsible for the safe operation, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of natural gas and crude oil gathering pipelines and associated facilities such as tanks, LACT units, pumps, compressors, dehydration units, JT fuel skids, and separators located throughout the Canes G&P and Logistics assets. This position must continually strive to maintain the highest standards for safety, excellence, leadership, and professionalism, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of Canes Midstream.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Operate, troubleshoot, and maintain crude oil pipelines and storage facilities including pumps, tanks, LACT units, pneumatic and electronic controls, and associated pipes and valves.
* Pigging crude pipelines and gauging crude oil tanks.
* Monitor RVP of oil product and operate centrifuge to monitor crude BS&W.
* Shake out oil pots, witness meter proving, take readings from LACT units, and prepare paperwork for end of month close out.
* Operate, troubleshoot, and maintain natural gas pipelines and associated compressor stations including TEG dehydration units, natural gas fired multi-stage reciprocating compressors, JT fuel skids, separators, meters, control valves, regulators, pneumatic and electronic controls, and associated pipes and valves.
* Pigging HP and LP steel and poly natural gas pipelines.
* Start and shutdown, load and unload, troubleshoot issues, and adjust cooler louvers on natural gas fired multi-stage reciprocating compressors.
* Rebuild liquid level control valves and other pneumatic control equipment.
* Respond in a timely manner to 811 and other line locate request. Use line locator and probe to identify and mark Canes pipelines. Coordinate locates with customers and 3rd party contractors.
* Work closely with Gas Control to control flow on regulated pipelines.
* Work closely with engineering and construction to build new pipelines and associated equipment.
* Adhere to Canes Policies and Procedures as well as applicable industry standards and practices.
Perform any other related duties as requested or assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability(ies) required.
* Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
* Requires excellent communication collaboration skills.
* Proficiency in MS Outlook and Excel is required.
* Must reside in San Angelo/Big Lake/Sterling City, Texas vicinity.
* Strong mechanical skills are required.
* Knowledge of natural gas gathering and compression.
* Knowledge of crude oil gathering, storage, and delivery.
* May be subject to successful completion of DOT drug screen.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School graduate or equivalent.
* Minimum of 5 years verifiable experience in any combination of natural gas or crude oil operations.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Must have a valid Texas Drivers License and maintain insurability with corporate insurance company.
* Must successfully complete all required pre-employment testing.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The employee must be able to climb ladders and stairs including stairs for a 10,000 Bbl tank. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is routinely exposed to: work in potentially flammable or hazardous atmospheres; near moving mechanical parts; in varying weather conditions typical of West Texas; in varying hours due to on-call rotation; in high noise and vibration areas; and wearing varying degrees of personal protective equipment.