|Date Posted||July 12, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Title: Pipeline Scheduler Location: United States-Texas-Houston Other Locations: United States, United States-Texas-Midland Description
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Pipeline Scheduler within our Midstream and Marketing department based in Houston or Midland, Texas.
- Aggregate truck and pipeline nominations from various locations.
- Schedule the movement of crude oil on various pipelines to meet contractual obligations.
- Assist the Lease Acquisition team in preparing truck injection nominations (including lease blending) as well as balancing crude oil positions at various locations.
- Manage Oxy s movement of equity and 3rd party production on 3rd party pipelines. (nominations/revisions/and actual month to date flows)
- Manage nominations and schedules in Allegro (ETRM) on a daily basis and other 3rd party pipeline nomination platforms as required.
- Gather and disseminate market information to facilitate effective and efficient trader decisions.
- Coordinate with other members of the Operations Team including Midland Lease team to ensure appropriate transfer of information and market knowledge.
- Maintain routine communication with affiliate and 3rd party carrier to provide traders updates on current month flows or potential operational issues.
- Coordinate scheduling activities with accounting, middle office, and credit departments, and any other applicable OEMI business unit.
- Assist in securing information and resolving discrepancies to allow accounting to invoice customers in a timely manner.
- Maintain exchange balances with counterparties.
- Manage Unit volume pipeline allocations using monthly Over/Short statements and incorporate impact of over/short balances into preparing monthly estimates.
- Monitor and maintain inventory balances and line fill requirements on 3rd party pipelines.
- Manage special projects and operational activity as assigned.
- Up to 25% travel may be required
- Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field required
- Experience with marketing operations and an understanding of crude oil accounting
- Minimum 8 years of experience in commodity marketing/trading industry (middle office, front office and accounting)
- Proficiency with data management and reporting in ETRMs (Allegro preferred)
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, MS Excel, ability to quickly
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to understand market conditions and relationship to trading business
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate occasional overtime work
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Allegro ETRM system
- Up to 25% travel may be required
Relocation: Will not be offered at this time
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.