|Date Posted||June 29, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
The contract Intermediate Process Engineer will provide technical support activities as assigned, such as gas conditioning, NGL/Condensate recovery, dehydration, hydrocarbon dew point control, and Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) treating, process modeling and optimization, and project management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide modeling of Oil and Gas Treating facilities to address design concerns, operational questions, capacity constraints, or new project development. This includes CO2 and H2S treating, Propane Refrigeration Unit, Condensate/NGL Stabilizers, JT units, and TEG Dehydrators.
- Review customer specifications for new quotes and recognize/highlight non-standard specifications.
- Provide complete bid/quote package for new opportunities including Heat and Material Balance, Equipment Sizing, Major Equipment List (MEL), Cost Sheet, and Plant Layout.
- Develop and review P&IDs
- Create and review vessel datasheets.
- Review and approve all design and drafting deliverables (pressure vessel drawings, skid GA drawings, etc.)
- Review and approve ASME calculations for pressure vessels.
- Size control equipment (control valves, PSVs, pressure regulators, etc.)
- Review and approve I&E documents (instrument index, cause and effect diagram, instrument data sheets, etc.)
- Interact with the suppliers/vendors to obtain quotations for major equipment and control equipment.
- Technical review and comparison of the vendor quotes. Coordinate with procurement department to purchase major equipment and control equipment.
- Communicate with vendors/suppliers to ensure on-time delivery and compliance with the customer's requirements.
- Understand the customer's quality requirement. Perform plant walk down (at the fabrication shop) to ensure compliance with the final approved design.
- Review the final job book.
- Participate in HAZOP studies.
- Support activities for commissioning and startup.
- S. or advanced degree in Chemical or Petroleum Engineering.
- 5 - 7 years of demonstrated Oil and Gas industry experience. Process Engineering experience is preferred
- Proficiency in using process simulation software such as ProMax to design and troubleshoot gas treating equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines and provide deliverables for a multitude of simultaneous projects.
- Ability to work with a variety of different groups throughout the organization.
- Ability to communicate through written technical and non-technical reports, email, and public speaking when required
- Experience with designing, evaluating, and troubleshooting Amine and TEG Dehydrator units, Condensate / NGL Stabilizers plants is required. Experience with Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) processing is preferred