|Date Posted||June 25, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Process Operator I
We are looking for Process Operators to support the running of our state-of-the-art refrigerant distillation columns. In this role, you will complete process setups and teardowns, transfers, bulk tank movements, and safety checks. Rhome, TX is located just 15 minutes outside of Downtown Ft. Worth. The Process Operator role is a vital part of our goal to increase gas processing capacity at our site, come join our growing team in a career with A-Gas.
A-Gas is a global leader in the responsible lifecycle management of specialty chemicals and gases. As the world's largest halocarbon reclamation company, we are constantly striving to drive technology and innovation into our business to continue to provide our customers with the best environmental solutions. For more information on A-Gas, please visit us at
A-Gas offers a competitive total compensation package, including health insurance, paid holidays, paid time off (PTO) in the first year of service, 401(k) with company match, company-paid short-term & long-term disability, life insurance, training initiatives, professional certifications, a tuition reimbursement program, and more!
* Maintain safe operation of distillation column by assisting the Operator II and Lead Operator in work assignments, managing production of Blends, Chemical Transfers, ISO movements.
* Support the daily supervision and Monitoring of Tank Farm and facility controls, (pressure gauges, scale monitors).
* Report any faults, site, and maintenance issues to Production to ensure site safety and product quality.
* Responsible for updating daily production results, leak check results, and performance by task.
* Encourage and participate in a Health and Safety culture to ensure a safe practicing environment.
* Uphold company policy and practices for self and peers, related to health and safety.
* Communicate maintenance needs to lead operators or supervisors.
* Responsible for ensuring that quality control is implemented on a constant basis.
* Primary duties will be 75% outdoors and require physical activity
* Any other tasks, as required
Experience, Knowledge, and Qualifications
* High School Diploma or equivalent required; Process Technician Experience or Associates Degree preferred
* Lifting requirements up to 50 lbs
* Must be able to obtain HazMat Certification and EPA 608 Certification
* Must have excellent math skills
* Mechanical aptitude
* Experience in manufacturing, or in the Chemicals industry
* Previous experience with Pumps, Hose, Compressors, PMS, Lockout Tag Out
* Experience with Microsoft 365, including Excel/Word
Shift Work Expectations
* 12 hours 7 AM to 7 PM, or 7 PM to 7 AM
* The schedule is a rotation of 4 days on 3 days off, then 3 days on 4 days off
* Each shift rotates quarterly from days to nights
We are seeking employees who have a style of work that fits with the SPOT-ON values (Sense of Fun, Sense of Purpose, Professionalism, Leadership, Openness, Honesty, Trust, Respect)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.