|Location||Not Specified, North Carolina|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
RegO is the premier manufacturer of gas control products to the industrial gas and liquefied cryogenic liquids industry worldwide. RegO manufactures an extensive variety of gas and liquid pressure controls, pressure regulating products, pressure relief devices, and a broad range of ancillary equipment. Our products are found in a wide spectrum of industries including: health care, aerospace, electronics, chemicals, energy, food and beverage, industrial gas and liquids, and alternative fuel. RegO is recognized as a world leader in product quality and innovation with unsurpassed product design and manufacturing with facilities located in North Carolina.
RegO is strategically located in four countries and positioned to support our products through a network of authorized distributors and strategic alliances with OEM vessel and system manufacturers throughout the world. To learn more about RegO, please visit our website at: RegO products
If you are an experienced Design Engineer interested in joining a growing organization, RegO has an exciting opportunity for you. Based in Elon, NC, RegO has an immediate need for a Product Design Engineers.
RELO Assist available
This is NOT an entry level role
The Product Design Engineer is an important part of the Engineering organization and reports directly to the Design Engineering Manager. This position will be responsible for developing new fluid control products utilizing the latest technologies. As part of cross functional teams, you will lead the product design portions of RegO s new product development (NPD) stage gate process from initial concepts to product launch. This entails conferring with external customers to define their requirements while working with internal customers to create innovative designs that are cost effective, efficiently manufacturable and exceed the end user s expectations. To this goal, the candidate should have design experience (preferably product development in the fluid control market) with focus on customer s needs and emphasis on working in a team environment.
- Work with the Program Manager, Product Management, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing and other project team members to guide new product development efforts through the NPD stage gate process.
- Participate in Voice of Customer (VOC) efforts to gain a full understanding of the customer s requirements (this will involve minor travel
- Perform and/or verify engineering testing/calculations of stress and flow for product performance and safety margins.
- Generate design changes to reduce costs, improve manufacturability and tailor existing designs to meet customer requirements.
- Review customer s request for quote (RFQ) and specifications to develop preliminary design concepts.
- Prepare and release new and revised drawings using RegO s product lifecycle management software.
- Direct building of prototypes and subsequent testing to validate new designs.
- Coordinate and direct the required design, drafting or technical activities for assigned projects.
- Assist Sustaining Engineers as needed to resolve Quality issues.
- Participate in design reviews and peer checking exercises including DFMEA s.
- Ensure design changes are in accordance with approval agency requirements (i.e. - UL, CRN, CE, etc.) and design standards (ASME, MSS, ASTM, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years (or more) experience in the design of mechanical components that handle fluids or gasses ( such as Valves, Seals, Bearings, Cylinders, Couplings, Fittings , Pressure Vessels or similar precision metal products).
- 3D CAD modeling experience Autodesk Inventor a PLUS
- FEA and CFD in the design process experience.
- Valve industry experience.
- Oil and gas industry experience.
- Knowledgeable with stage gate development process.
- Design review techniques such as DFMEA.
- Six Sigma or Lean experience
No Sponsorship is available for this role