|Date Posted||June 10, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
RBI Solar is changing the world with our best-in-class solar mounting systems. We design, engineer, manufacture and install solar mounting systems for commercial and utility scale projects. As a specialist in ground mount, roof mount, and custom designed specialty solar structures, we focus on providing superior solar racking systems and project management capabilities to serve owners and integrators.
RBI Solar is an exciting and dynamic place to work, with a wide range of career opportunities. At RBI, people really make a difference. If you have talent, knowledge and experience, and want to take on new and meaningful challenges, grow professionally, and be part of an organization committed to excellence, it's time to consider joining the RBI team, where we make everyday count.
Responsible for designing project layouts and bills of materials for solar PV mounting installations. This position is
responsible for the review, detail, and design of multiple projects for customers to meet project deadlines.
Primary Accountabilities (Essential Duties)
•Interprets engineering reports, extrapolates information, and applies it to custom engineered solutions.
• Strong ability to listen to the customer's technical needs and cost targets and then design a solution that satisfies those
• Develop structural models using 3D modeling software such as STAAD
• Provides technical support to customers for products, layouts, and installation.
• Strong performance in designing one or more types of solar projects (ground mount, canopy, roof-mount)
• Strong experience with reviewing project design plans and specifications.
• Works closely with Sales department to prioritize project completion dates
• Follows company project process to minimize errors and provides input for continuous improvement of current procedures.
• Has demonstrated professional judgment, consistency, and attention to detail; proven track record in successfully completing small and large scale projects.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong organizational relationships.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Works independently and receives minimal guidance.
• Provides ideas and helps management to implement continuous improvement initiatives identified in yearly and long-term
•Assist in developing product literature and installation instructions.
In addition to the accountabilities listed above, individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Employee(s)/Group /Department Supervised: N/A
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary accountability satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Additionally, the physical demands and the work environment typically encountered are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education / Experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience required to successfully complete the primary accountabilities is indicated below)
Degree: Bachelor's Degree
Major: Engineering or Related
Years of Experience: 5+ Years
Competencies / Technical Skills
Core Competencies: Fostering Teamwork; Managing Performance; Building Collaborative Relationships; Customer Orientation; Result Orientation; Personal Credibility
Organizational Competencies: Initiative; Developing Others; Influencing Others; Establishing Focus; Strategic Thinking
Additional Position Competencies (max 4): Good organization, time management and effective communication
Technical Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Suite products, Structural Engineering Software, AutoCAD (preferred)
Licenses / Certifications: Engineer in Training (EIT) Certificate; Licensed PE
Physical Requirements (Approximate time spent to be included in physical demands such as walking, or bending, specific lifting requirements (lbs.) and/or other requirements such as vision or hearing. May be required to lift up to 20 pounds. Must be able to sit, walk, see, and hear.
Special Work Conditions: None
Want to see the kinds of projects you would be supporting?
Visit our website to learn more about our organization
Integrity and excellence are at the heart of everything we do. Our focus is on hiring and developing the best talent available and creating a rewarding, challenging and safe workplace for everyone. We are a team-based organization. We listen carefully to our people and to our clients so we can build an organization that meets their needs and exceeds their expectations. We are committed to our customers and our employees and helping them grow to their fullest potential. Surpassing our competition has made us the industry leader; a position we will strive to enhance.
RBI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.