|Location||Not Specified, Utah|
|Date Posted||July 6, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Project Delivery Practice Leader - ( A )
At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
The Project Delivery (PD) Practice Leader is a key team member in maximizing the performance of the Mining, Minerals and Metals Business Line (BL). The PD Practice Leader will report directly to the BL Discipline Leader and is responsible for the establishment, execution, and continuous improvement of the BL practice for Project Management and delivery. The PD Practice Leader will partner with other PD Practice Leaders (or equivalent) and the Major Projects Lead within Energy & Resources and with the Project Delivery Office (Practice Services).
The focus of the PD Practice Leader is to enhance our Project Management practices - and relate that back to our overall client focus. The PD Practice Leader will help develop successful Project Managers (PMs) and Project Leaders, promoting a culture of client service for both internal and external stakeholders, building their strength in understanding and anticipating client needs and expectations, developing and executing strategies to advance the client's objectives and managing risk, establishing priorities, promoting alignment across program and project teams, and resolving emergent problems.
The home office for this role can be in any location in North America where the Mining Business Line has a presence.
Your Key Responsibilities
Project Management and Execution
* Work with the DL to build and improve upon the BL Project Management community, partner with other PD Practice Leaders (or equivalent) and the Major Projects Lead within Energy & Resources and serve as the BL representative to related functional service teams such as the Program Management and Project Delivery Offices.
* Implement effective business discipline across all projects and programs in the BL to ensure proactive monitoring and management on schedule, costs, and delivery to the required technical standards. Enhanced focus on the management of project delivery risk for both Stantec and our clients on major program and projects (projects greater than $2.5M in revenue).
* Promote compliance with the Project Management Framework and enhance our execution of the Framework, building a strong culture of excellence in project execution. Lead effective application of corporate standards within the BL.
* Maximize our Quality Program, in partnership with the Quality Leader and Senior PMCL, to provide accurate feedback and develop action plans to utilize the positive results across the BL and to proactively address the opportunities for improvement.
* Identify and resolve project execution gaps, either based on individuals, structure, processes, or systems, in collaboration with RBLs and BC Leaders. Implement improvements to work processes, policies, and procedures at every opportunity to enhance project execution, control, and monitoring.
* Support BC Leadership in resource management processes, recruitment, succession planning, and coaching/mentoring for PMs and Project Leaders.
* Lead/support efforts to integrate improved resource management (e.g., implement resource-loaded scheduling capabilities and practices if needed). Interface with Project Services Leaders (Project Controls, DMDC, etc.) to ensure projects are resourced appropriately.
* Conduct analysis (project and business trends) including early identification of potential issues and recommended solutions to BL management.
* Drive client satisfaction by building a culture of excellence and accountability within the Project Management community. Support client relationship management efforts of the BL management with coaching and mentoring of PMs in how to build valued and long-lasting relationships with clients.
* Support and promote the BL Project Sponsorship Framework. Provide formal and informal feedback on individual performance of Project Sponsors.
* Lead/promote a Value Engineering culture throughout the BL, working with the greater Energy & Resources Value Engineering Leader.
* Evaluate project management compliance with Stantec risk management practices and procedures and support project teams in developing risk profiles and registers for projects and preparing for risk reviews of major projects. Support the execution phase governance program, supporting PMs in preparation for the calls.
* Support PMs, in collaboration with BCPLs, SLs, and other business developers, in the development of project scopes, schedules, budgets, and execution plans for major projects-ensuring plans are fit-for-purpose.
* Achieve utilization target as agreed annually with DL and BL. Initial expectation for utilization in the range of 40-50%.
* Serve in a project or program leadership role and/or project sponsor on major projects or on key account projects for the BL.
* Support key pursuits by promoting the value of the BL Project and Program Management services within our projects.
* Meet BL individual role based KPIs for leading indicators and safety training.
* Maintain and enhance our reputation with clients, approval agencies and industry professionals as an outstanding service provider.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Passion for exceptional project execution, process, and continuous improvement.
* Knowledge of scheduling, project controls, and document controls concepts, and how to successfully incorporate these teams into projects.
* Strong leader and team player, collaborator, and communicator with good people skills.
* Demonstrated leadership competencies - act a highly regarded leader, thought partner and a source of counsel and advice.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to work across multiple offices and geographies.
* Problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify when a project is in trouble (e.g., deviations from baseline scope, schedule, or budget) and provide guidance on mitigation measures or corrective action to address the problem.
* Understanding of Stantec Project Management Framework and Project Risk Review Practice.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills to effectively work and collaborate with a wide range of internal and external customers. Demonstrated ability to champion both project and customer services excellence with conviction and purpose.
* Ability to drive change and deliver positive impact through influence.
* Ability to travel to US, Canadian and Global offices and client sites, as required.
* Familiarity with Stantec Mining, Minerals and Metals BL service offerings and client base is preferred.
Education and Experience
A minimum of ten years of experience successfully managing large projects with experience managing at least two projects over $10M in consulting fees.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Arizona-Chandler
Other Locations : United States-Utah-Salt Lake City, United States-Colorado-Fort Collins, United States-Colorado-Denver
Job : Project Management
Organization : BC-1829 Mining-US
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 2, 2022, 10:57:30 AM
Req ID: A
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans