|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
EnterSolar is looking for a full-time Project Development Engineer.
The Project Development Engineer will be responsible for assisting EnterSolar's Business Development team through the pre-contract engineering process. This individual will be involved in the overall vetting and preparing of projects for a successful execution by the Project Engineering and Project Management team. Traveling on average once a week should be expected. This individual must exhibit excellent time management and organizational skills, as well as demonstrate the ability to effectively collaborate across departments and externally.
- Collaborate and set expectations with internal teams regarding Technical Due Diligence during the Project Development phase
- Help ensure project viability by communicating PV system technology requirements to Business Development team and Clients
- Keep up to date on interconnection process and incentive structure as it relates to tariffs, state and utilities
- Request, review, and approve proposals from external vendors (electrical engineer, vendor, structural engineer, storage analysis etc.). Ensure development costs are within approved budget.
- Submit interconnection applications and communicate with utilities throughout review and approval process
- Communicate cost information regarding utility upgrades and project-related costs to Estimating team
- Provide engineering input during Pre-Contract permitting activities, and work with Civil Engineering firms to submit application packages to AHJs
- Coordinate structural feasibility studies and work with vendors to estimate costs associated with structural limitations
- Successfully build rapport with external utility personnel by learning and understanding their changing requirements, attending their events, and understanding the changing nature of the utility industry
- Present as a subject-matter expert on system requirements by identifying challenges, communicating them to the project team and providing creative solutions
- Perform site assessments alongside engineering partners that requires driving and possibly using ladders
- Work with wider engineering team to stay updated on best project practices to ensure a smooth project execution upon handoff to project construction team
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Thorough understanding of procedures and timelines of technical due diligence
- Strong understanding of software tools such as Helioscope, AutoCAD, PVSyst and Excel
- Thorough understanding of interconnection process and incentive structure
- Demonstrates ability to forecast utility and project costs
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate cross-departmentally
- Thorough understanding of technology options for utility interconnection requirements (relays, SCADA, rapid shutdown, DTT, transformers, service upgrades…)
Based in New York City, EnterSolar is the preferred national provider of solar energy systems to the commercial marketplace. Unique in its combination of business operations and solar expertise, the company works with commercial enterprises to deliver optimal energy solutions with compelling, long-term ROI. Expert in solar's dynamic legislative environment, EnterSolar helps clients leverage tax credits and other financial incentives at the federal, state and utility levels to maximize project returns.
For more information, please visit .
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.