|Date Posted||May 26, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Job Title: Project Engineer-Generation
Position Type: Full-Time
Classification: FLSA Exempt
Report to: VP Operations and Maintenance
The Project Engineer position is responsible for optimizing operational, contractual, and regulatory performance of multiple facilities and coordination with contract operators to ensure safe and reliable plant operations consistent with O&M Business objectives.
It is expected for Project Engineer to make significant contributions to the growth and strategic initiatives at JERA Americas, including supporting the development team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist the Plant staff to manage HSE to the top performance in the industry
- Plant profitability: Review and assist in economic studies, modeling or evaluation to insure the plant meets or exceeds its profit goals and objectives. These activities may include:
- Review and advise for budgets to be established under the O&M Agreement; review the O&M provider's expenditures and conformance with such budgets
- Support and advise preparing long term maintenance plan
- Review and make recommendations for optimization of operations procedures and provide the advice to O&M teams
- Advise providing budget and project cost control oversight and project cost reporting analysis services relating to O&M teams
- Review as assigned direct payments to the O&M Provider when due, unless subject to dispute or challenge in accordance with the O&M Agreement
- Review and advise monitoring activities of the MMP contractor, and compliance with the scope of work and progress of work and coordination of the resolution of any technical issues or payment disputes
- Support on site development activities as requested, these may include but not limited to Capex projects including updates and non-OEM systems and renewables projects
- Update and circulate monthly operating metrics
- Update and circulate monthly RGGI tracking and perform annual reconciliation
- Responsible for EIA submittals and market monitor operations reports
- Work closely with operator to manage operating costs, outage execution, capital expenditures and to ensure regulatory compliance is maintained
- Plant efficiency and performance: as assigned, review operational data and assist operations in technical evaluations of plant equipment and thermal cycle efficiencies management (heat rate). These activities may include:
- Generate daily operation performance reports
- Advice plant staff of available MW and HR estimate on daily bidding calls
- Provide a monthly plant characteristic report to O&M team for their monthly margin report
- Provide and be a liaison for JERA worldwide knowledge of major equipment suppliers technology advancements and major maintenance issues
- Support and coordinate all community and public relations with the Plant Manager and when advisable, JERA Americas and promote and protect the JERA brand
- Attend and participate in at least one technical and professional growth conference per year
- Manage relationships with customers and third parties
- Represent JERA in partnership management and assist with commercial approvals and documentation including Board presentations
- Develop and foster relationships with various departments while continually seeking opportunities to improve processes.
- Perform functions within applicable state, federal and local laws and ISO procedures and jurisdictions
- Other tasks as assigned
- Strong business knowledge and intuition for improvements
- Deep technical knowledge of power generation, thermal and renewable
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to get things done under pressure.
- Desire to work in team-oriented culture
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Discretion and Confidentiality
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in both a professional office environment and in the field at the power generation plants. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines and personal protective equipment as may be required during plant visits.
Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are established between the employee and the VPOM
Travel to the power generation facilities, engineering firms, and JERA's offices in North America is required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or commensurate experience is required
- Five to ten years' experience as a Plant engineer or rotating equipment maintenance supervision in a power generating facility
- Strong Mechanical aptitude, basic understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity and mathematics
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent technical, conceptual, and financial skills
- Ability to motivate team efforts to accomplish goals
- Must be able to travel both within the United States and internationally to meet with facility staff and Owners Representatives.
- This position may require periodic on call responsiveness to plant emergencies and operational events
- The individual will be required to respond with business acumen beyond normal business hours. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Preferred Education and Experience
· Engineering or Business Management degree or equivalent experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· None required for this position.
JERA Americas Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.