|Location||New York, New York|
|Date Posted||July 21, 2022|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Commodities, Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets.
The Commodities Department, with 200 front office employees, is a market leader in energy, metals, and agricultural product trading worldwide whose professionals trade in both physical and derivative commodity risk. North American Power and Gas (NAPG) trades physical and financial power and gas in United States and Canada. NAPG creates and manages structured transactions in duration of one to twenty plus years. NAPG manages resources and provides load-following services, buys and sells tolls and other risk management needs for municipals, commercial and industrial load, load aggregators, independent power producers and renewable generation developers.
This role is for a Senior Associate/Vice President on the NAPG East Origination desk within the Commodities department, based in New York.
A successful candidate has meaningful experience in project finance and/or investment banking, and would be able to develop a deep understanding of market structure, fundamentals, and client flows within the NAPG markets. The candidate would work closely with the origination team in most aspects of their business for clients, ultimately taking on responsibility for client coverage in the financial sponsor, IPP, utility and/or municipal/cooperative space.
Additionally, the candidate would work closely with sales and origination team to facilitate client business and specific tasks will initially include:
* Day-to-day support of structured power products and flow trades
* Developing external pitch books and generating trade ideas
* Analyzing cash flow models and presentations to assist with credit requests
* Assessing credit risk of major projects originated by senior members of the team
* Key document negotiation (credit agreements, ISDA, etc)
* Working with numerous internal teams: other sales, trading desks (nat gas/oil/metals), investment bankers, credit, legal and mid/back/admin office staff
* Client coverage responsibility on both flow and long-term structured transactions
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
* 3-8 years of experience, preferably in Project Finance or Investment Banking
* Strong financial modelling competency
* High attention to detail
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.